Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check out the price of this Gibbo Flying V in the US

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

its at times like theese i wish i was in america, free shipping too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

(spits) Thomann

That's the kind of attitude I like..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

And free gig bag.

And you can spit at thomann et al as much as you like, but the vast majority of customers on boards have found them to be dependable and it has to be agreed that they are a bloody godsend in terms of stock and saving money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

We're really only kidding ourselves..... :eek:

The same one (I think) €899 on (spits) Thomann.

Yah.....when I see you guys quoting E500 for Epiphones and saying they're rubbish for the price, I find the same stuff here for $199-299....which makes them very attractive to me, especially things like the Goth LP, since I'm not a big LP fan to begin with.

Epi Goth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

jimi_t wrote:
    And free gig bag.

And you can spit at thomann et al as much as you like, but the vast majority of customers on boards have found them to be dependable and it has to be agreed that they are a bloody godsend in terms of stock and saving money.
    I've only ever ordered from them twice, first went fine, second I wasn't happy with. I will not be ordering from them again unless they are way cheaper than any place else or are the only ones to have stock. But that's just me. ;)

As regards saving money, its worth noting that that Gibson V is ~ €380 from Music123 and €899 from Thomann. I know there's VAT/duty/shipping etc to be taken into account but in this case IMHO Thomann are not doing anyone any favours.

• Advertisement

As regards saving money, its worth noting that that Gibson V is ~ €380 from Music123 and €899 from Thomann. I know there's VAT/duty/shipping etc to be taken into account but in this case IMHO Thomann are not doing anyone any favours.

But is there anywhere in Europe that's dramatically cheaper than Thomann in this regard? I'm sure that there's a reason besides blatant profiteering to explain the huge discrepancy between the prices

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Maybe Guitar Bargains? That said, if the V is anything like it's LP brother, I wouldn't use it for firewood! Absolute muck.

feylya wrote:
    Maybe Guitar Bargains? That said, if the V is anything like it's LP brother, I wouldn't use it for firewood! Absolute muck.

A Gibson Les Paul being absolute muck...? Have I missed something here or is my sarcasm filter on the brink again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Last I heard, Gibson don't allow their official dealers in the US to ship to Europe. So you're lucky if you can get one sent over. There's a reason that they cost so much more in Europe!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

feylya wrote:

ask the Doc. ;)

• Advertisement

jimi_t wrote:
    But is there anywhere in Europe that's dramatically cheaper than Thomann in this regard? I'm sure that there's a reason besides blatant profiteering to explain the huge discrepancy between the prices
    I hear what you're saying man. Most likely Music 123 in the US just got some very special deal due to shifting huge volumes or something, but it is a great price.

***Feylya, tell us more, please ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

I got the impression he was still talking about Epiphones from Rustars comments. Otherwise pure madness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

Probably my fault, I had 'Epiphone' stuck in my mind for some reason after viewing the first link.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Mate of mine had a faded LP, paid over a grand for it in America. Horrible neck on it, felt flat on the back, terrible pickups, sounded like absolute muck. In the end, he sold it and bought a Schecter and is now infinitely happier. One of the worst Gibsons I've ever played. That said, I can only think of one, maybe two Gibsons that I actually enjoyed playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

http://www.music123.com/Gibson-V-Factor-Faded--Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar-i73821.music

We're really only kidding ourselves..... :eek:

The same one (I think) €899 on (spits) Thomann.

do you do anything except repost stuff you find on the FDP?

;)

No ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

ask the Doc. ;)

He's referring to the faded cherry models, not V's and LP's in particular, Fey knows not to bad mouth the J V ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Llet the Gibson bashing begin *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Chances are Thomann will ship to the right country though :p

It should be noted that V is being sold off, it's usually about $700-$800 over there, so Thomann's price is in keeping with regular market prices. There's also a reason it's half the price of a regular Gibson V. Ask Waltons how much they'd charge for one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Aye and then ask them do you look like you're wearin a saddle.
    TK

• Advertisement

Doctor J wrote:
    ....There's also a reason it's half the price of a regular Gibson V. Ask Waltons how much they'd charge for one ;)
    Well, don't keep us in suspense, Doc! ;)
    Not wishing to get too far into the whole saddle wearin' thing :D so I looked up Waltons website. The cheapest Gibbo V on there is $1385, possibly a different model though.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

Ridiculous.... Theres another reason why Ireland is a bad place to be a musician.....

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

Well, don't keep us in suspense, Doc! ;)
    Not wishing to get too far into the whole saddle wearin' thing :D so I looked up Waltons website. The cheapest Gibbo V on there is $1385, possibly a different model though.

looking at walton's for prices is like admitting you really enjoy being raped in dark alleyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Gibson Faded Flying V

It looks as though Gibson is trying to dump these onto the American Market.

This site is a little more expensive, but in general, I find them to be the best online source in the States. I often send items bought online to my father's place and collect them when I am over.

[URL="Http://www.musiciansfriend.com"]MusiciansFriend.com[/URL]

Advertisement