Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fundraising ideas...

Options
  • 20-10-2006 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

My school is trying to raise money for a particular school in Africa and we're trying to come up with ideas for ways that will raise a lot of money and be a bit of fun aswell, and different to the constant cake sales and sponsered walks.
    If anyone could give any ideas or thoughts, or something maybe their school did that worked out well, please please let me know!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I don't have any particular new ideas for you (yet) but best of luck with it!

How about this idea which originated from my enterprise class: Make barmats (coasters or whatever the name is) with all a local taxi firm's number on them.. Liable to the firm actually allowing you to do it and also having a good wad of cash the produce the mats!

Cheers
    Terry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

I'm also looking to raise funds for an African Project.
    What about a school calendar? Get local businesses to sponsor it, and put ads in it and stuff, you'll have made a profit before you even sell one.

24-hour soccer marathon
    Did it in our school once or twice. Students in the school play soccer in sports hall (split it up, 1st years take 1st 4 hours, 2nd years take 2nd 4 hours... 6 years = 24 hours). Students who wanna do it have to raise €50 minimum. Big money maker.

I'll post more later, I'm going to bed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

You could have a lot of fun with this if you let your imagination wander...if its a mixed school how about a leg wax for guys for the charity? If its an all-girls school, you could do a fashion show...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

non uniform day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Myself and 3 friends have been organising a funraiser the last couple of weeks, we're having a "Teacher Fancy Dress", from the experience of these events (teachers had moustaches shaved as well as their heads before) students will ALWAYS pay up to see teachers humiliated in a fun way. Worth a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 suzieo

Hi, I am fundraising/sponsorship to volunteer in Africa (Teaching) for an american organisation. I'm not sure where to start i.e. Is there any legals I've to go through, registering myself, the fact it is an american organisation etc. I would appreciate your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭SKYDOG

I came across this website just recently http://www.gosave.ie/business/ . Have been meaning to check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 bollick

anyone near cork i can get you a fundraisin bowlin night....some craic:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dodgystuff

Start off with simple things like raffles & cake sales.
    When I was in TY pizza sales would make a good bit of money like in a 40 min lunch break we'd make around €200 selling slices for 50c or €1.

TY hoodies is also a good idea. We made a great amount of money on this. I think the hoodies cost us €30 but our mini company charged €35 and took the extra €5 from everyone and put it into our charity, depending on the amount in your year you could make a good bit out of this, we made about €500 which was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Pooner

When i was in TY we had the exact same problem...fundraisings a bitch!

One thing we did was a car wash...it was really simple! there were 24 of us so we split into 3 teams of 8, in different areas round our small town! We charged sumthing like 3 euro which garunteed to bring in loads of people! We did it for 4 saturdays in a row,but it was such a hit that it ended up running for 12weeks or sumthing and we made a bomb. We supplied a cup of tea to each driver(keeping them happy brought them back)!
    If you are doing it make sure you have loads of space an a good water supply,if the cars not completely clean they wont come back and wont recomend it to anyone else.
    Its great craic if done right!

tip:3 people wasing each car,one hosing down before(to loosen dirt) and after,and 1 doing money and tea.

ANother thing we did was a chirstmas play...we did scrooge but completely took the piss! Tiny tim was this giant of a person and he had to be carried round on the smallest fellas back,we also sent them to a christmas disco and we had the lads doing the "saturday night" routine,a great laugh, we put it on for the whole school and for the community every night for a week!! back drops were very simply king size bed sheets that we drew the scenes we wanted on and got the first year art class to paint.

Another thing was straightening hair before school for 2/4euro! we just brought our own straighteners and set them up in the corridor,i dont even think the teachers knew that we were doing it!it was a great way to gain capital for the setting up of the other fundraisers

*best of luck*

• Advertisement
Advertisement