Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the fairer sex

Options
  • 20-10-2006 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hey all,
    here's the story, i need some advice. just split with gf of 3.5 yrs a week ago today. have not been on the pull in yonks. im 20, i'm told im not a bad looking guy, had a couple of girls show intrest and flirting and stuff. i'm not confident around girls, a bit shy but a brazen cocksure bollix with the lads. the ex completely messed up my confidence with the fairer sex and i'n hardly able to approach a girl nor mind sustainan interesting conversation with one! the questions i have are...how do you actually move in for the oull? this is unchartered territory, not been condesending or patronising but i'v never asked a girl out, hey've all asked me! so what gives???!!! some lads make it look effortless, what do you say? do you just move in for the kiss or whatever?! i really do not have a clue! was chattin to a really hot girl at a niteclub last nite she was giving me signals, the eyes, the smiles, touchy feely etc but i didnt know what to do so thats as far as it went! i feel like a ****ing loser...

advice, please! cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭greenkittie

a couple of months ago a guy i was chatting to in a club asked me "can i kiss you please" and i thought that was so cute! try that stance maybe? or like casualy touch their arm and see how they respond then move in. sure the worst that can happen is a sharp shove away! just do it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

oh by the way if i met a guy in a club who had just split up with his girlfriend that would kinda freak me out so best not mention it

Man - You're pretty
    Woman - Piss off.
    Man - Don't interrupt, you're pretty ugly,

love it!

oh also ;) im single

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You need a bit of confidence first as a lot of wimmens will be able to tell what you are like from that, so of course they will look to see that. Go on in with a smile on your face and have a good time, or at least try to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

oh also ;) im single

Good sense of humour seems to work as well!!! :)

OP, just be yourself man. SUre, it sounds corny but t's true. Confidence and comfort go hand in hand, so once your happy with yourself as a person that will really come across when your out having a good time.

I always find if i go out on the pull then it's no luck, but if i just go out for fun, casual conversations with ladies lead to very interesting places.

Just go out to enjoy yourself, the people around you will pick up off that and you'll be sorted. ;)

Dragan wrote:
    Good sense of humour seems to work as well!!! :)

OP, just be yourself man. SUre, it sounds corny but t's true. Confidence and comfort go hand in hand, so once your happy with yourself as a person that will really come across when your out having a good time.

I always find if i go out on the pull then it's no luck, but if i just go out for fun, casual conversations with ladies lead to very interesting places.

Just go out to enjoy yourself, the people around you will pick up off that and you'll be sorted. ;)

good advice! you will have a good night either way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Man - You're pretty
    Woman - Piss off.
    Man - Don't interrupt, you're pretty ugly,
    That's the spirit - if they wont let you score insult them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

1 week after a 3 and a half year relationship?
    Not going to happen. Yet.

You will need to get over her completely before you can consider going on the pull, let alone enjoying it. Just give it time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

oh also ;) im single

Classic (y) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

*Smile* "Hello, how are you?"
    TK

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

a couple of months ago a guy i was chatting to in a club asked me "can i kiss you please" and i thought that was so cute!

Well? did he get lucky or wha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Stop calling them "the fairer sex".

Seriously.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

shyboy22 wrote:
    i really do not have a clue! was chattin to a really hot girl at a niteclub last nite she was giving me signals, the eyes, the smiles, touchy feely etc but i didnt know what to do so thats as far as it went! i feel like a ****ing loser..
    Naaaa, you are not a loser, just lack practice. If you think she fancies you, get her to talk about herself and be a good listener, just using a word or two to keep her going. People like good listeners. Chill out, show some wit, be patient (don't look desparate), and if you like her, tell her so, ask her to dance, and be sure to get her number.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The Scientist: "Would you like to dance?"
    Random girl: "I would ya but not with you!"
    The Scientist: "Oh i'm sorry, You must have mis-heard me i said you look fat in those pants!"

The Scientist deserves an award for this. :D

considers stealing conversation idea

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thanks a mil!
    it's just difficult, i'm not lookin to get balls deep or anything but its just i dont want to look like a muppet whenever a girl comes to talk to me. I want to be able to go in for the kiss and have a laugh without looking like a gormless prat! the worst feeling in the world is when you've both stopped talking and you're both just standing there...smiling at each other, eyes locked...its ridiculous! i dont have a clue of what to do when it comes down to that! it just gets really awkward and we both usually start laughing! wtf?!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

a couple of months ago a guy i was chatting to in a club asked me "can i kiss you please" and i thought that was so cute! try that stance maybe? or like casualy touch their arm and see how they respond then move in. sure the worst that can happen is a sharp shove away! just do it! :D
    NEVER DO THIS!!!
    NEVER!!!!!!!!
    Most girls will laugh or moan once things like "Can I kiss you please" comes out of your mouth. If you wanna be suave, this is guaranteed to make you sound like a virginal fraidy cat.
    If you think the moment is right just go for it. You are a man remember, none of this asking business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

listen, 'shyboy', your in a rut, get back out there and you''ll be fine. you had a proper 3.5 year relationship and you get hit on by 'the fairer sex'. shy? you dont know the meaning of the word mate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

I'm not one to promote being a bastard (lies) but I have to present you with some of the best lines I have ever heard while out...

One of my best friends approached this rather attractive female and her larger than life friend. He asks the non attractive girl would she like to dance...to which she replies yes. He then says "**** off so, I want to score with your friend".

Part two would have t be the same guy approaching a foreign girl with a distinctly european haircut and asking her did she just go into the hairdressers and ask them to **** up her head.

So there you have it folks. Women are oversensitive...Give up now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

NEVER DO THIS!!!
    NEVER!!!!!!!!
    Most girls will laugh or moan once things like "Can I kiss you please" comes out of your mouth.
    More bollocks from dr.bollocko tbh.

If addressing a woman in this way makes sense for you and how you express yourself then it can indeed work.

Worked for me when I was of a shier disposition than I am now. Wouldn't work for me now, because I'm just not that reserved a person anymore and it would indeed be an obvious line and probably result in a laugh or a moan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭upthere

Remember we lads mature a lot slower than girls. There was a study done saying i think that the prefrontal lobes in a guys brain, correct if Im wrong on the anatomy please ladz, matures so slow it is not fully mature until a guy is in his 30's(in some cases)
    What this part of the brain does is control impulisivity. I'll give you an example, if you are young and a mate rings up and asks you to go out to the cinema tonight and you gotta do some studying, if your prefontal lobe is not mature you might think " feck it ill go out and have a good time" but when you reach a older age you think "i gotta get my priorities right, i gotta study i can't go to the cinema.
    This is biology and guys will always be having the impulsive problems when they are young. So f*ck a girl if she rejects you because you asked to kiss her. you are normal. Her problem.

Advertisement