Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed with bank issue

Options
  • 20-10-2006 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Has anyone ever had problems with electronic payments from one bank account to another. I have transferred money from an account with Northern Rock to my bank of ireland account. Northern Rock says it has left their account, and bank of ire say they have not received it. Its been 8 days. I keep keep getting passed from billy to jack, where is my money????
    The account number is correct. Where is this money floating around???:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

That would definitely be at the upper end of the delays I've ever experienced - average about 3 days for me - although these would have all been same day transfers.

BOI are definitely very fussy on getting the account name exactly right. Most of our supplier payments would fail because of this.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Blackjack

dublinhead wrote:
    Has anyone ever had problems with electronic payments from one bank account to another. I have transferred money from an account with Northern Rock to my bank of ireland account. Northern Rock says it has left their account, and bank of ire say they have not received it. Its been 8 days. I keep keep getting passed from billy to jack, where is my money????
    The account number is correct. Where is this money floating around???:mad:

Go to Northern Rock, request them to open a "Beneficiary claims non-receipt" file. They should check the payment has not been returned, and will contact Bank of Ireland to find out what has happened to the payment.
    It's possible the money is somewhere with Bank of Ireland, and they feel they don't have enough information to apply the funds to your account. They may have already contacted Northern Rock with an "Unable to Apply" request, asking for more details.

Advertisement