Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digitech Pedals

Options
  • 20-10-2006 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi all

The Digitech pedals are really cheap!!! Do they sound as cheap as they are?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

The Digiverb and Digidelay are supposed to be decent. And the bad monkey is a pretty good TS9 knock off.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Thumbs up here for the Digiverb.

And of course the Whammy IV

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Always prefared Boss myself, the Digitech stuff always sounded quite cheap to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

I had the RP100.
    It sounded cheap. I gave it away to a friend.
    Bit of fun perhaps, but not gigable (if you have any pride in your sound anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, used to use Digitech, and I really wasn't impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Well the Whammy is one of the most well respected pedals going around.. but it does cost about €100 more than it's stompbox brethren.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

owned a few digitech pedals, the whammy the turboflange and the metal master, used to think they were the dogs bollox but you cant really gig with em in my experiance (well exept the whammy).

The turbo flange is good but noisy and it EATS through batterys just like all digitech stuff and the metal master doesnt have a gain know only a morph one, the pedals sound decent on there own but when theres 2 together its just noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

Was never a big fan of digitech ..... untill I came across the Scott Ian Black 13 distortion pedal thing. sounds absolutly amazing from the clip on the site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Baggio...

Yup! I second that - the Digitech Black 13 is amazing. I got it from Tohnmann for 115 yo yo's (as opposed to 220.00 in Music Maker - fecking robbers!). It's built like a tank.

I've been searching for a decent pedal for ages, and for the price you wont beat it. As Bri said check out the Demo.

I was stupid enough to buy their "Death Metal" pedal before I got the Scott Ian. Don't be fooled by the impressive reviews - it's crap, sounds totally fake.

I'm not a big fan of D.Tech - but the B.13 is class... Also it has a output for studio recording so you don't even need an amp. I recorded a few tracks with it and I'm really happy with the distortion I got.

Cheers,

Baggio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

"turboflange"
    Haha
    TK

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Edja

Thanks guys! So thats it, I'm not going to bother with the Digi then, instead I will save up and buy a BOSS BD-2 and a Vox 847!

Thanks again lads
    Edja

Hmm well the Bad monkey is good if youre going for a Bluesdriver/Tubescreamer type sound on a budget. Can you not try them all out? Although the blues driver is great and well designed (ie the level knob does what its supposed to, it has decent range that can boost, no volume drops here)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

Baggio... wrote:
    Yup! I second that - the Digitech Black 13 is amazing. I got it from Tohnmann for 115 yo yo's (as opposed to 220.00 in Music Maker - fecking robbers!). It's built like a tank.

Coincedently enough I was just in Palmers and Pro Musica in Waterford pricing them today, around the same 220 to 240. Should be getting one in the next few weeks from GAK.co.uk or Thomann. The more I read up on it the more it seams to be the pedal for me.

Are you tuned down at all Baggio? We tune down to C and that can turn a lot of distortion pedals to mud so that my only concern realy about getting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Baggio...

!_Brian_! wrote:
    Are you tuned down at all Baggio? We tune down to C and that can turn a lot of distortion pedals to mud so that my only concern realy about getting it.

Yeah, I tune down to D (AKA - Page Hamilton/Helmet) - it still sounds very good. Some nice chuggin' :)

Overall I'm really pleased. I checked out loads of different pedals. I thought the BOSS MD-2 was pretty good too (but it does not have a Mixer output). Plus I preferred the sound from the B-13.

I don't think you will be disappointed. Can't go wrong for 115 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

has anyone had a go of the digitech hendrix pedal? i seen a video online of a fella using it and it had a great sound, then a few samples that sounded awful.

Don't think I'd get one myself, just curios if anyone has tried it.

Advertisement