Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairy Back Question

Options
  • 20-10-2006 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

This is for the ladies:

Girls, what's your opinion of men with backs that could be used in an ad for Des Kelly Carpets?:D

Just wondering cos sometimes I think ya i might get it waxed and then I just think hey I'm a man, things like this make us different from the fairer sex!:p

If you were with a guy for first time and he took off his top, would it bother you to see/feel a hairy back...:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Depends on the girl. Some girls it wouldn't bother I imagine, others it would. Depends on how hairy it is too. Personally, it would put me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

These questions are generally pointless unless you plan to date a demographically balanced section of the population. Since Gallop isn't a dating agency, that's probably unlikely to happen.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Reni
    There about 10 threads on this forum with regards to this topic. Why don't you go look for one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

I feel self conscious about mine but my lady likes it. So different strokes for different folks.

MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭greenkittie

hair = gross. go get one of those body shavers for men they sell in boots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Busterpuss

no way:(

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Some women like it, some women hate it, some women don't really care either way.

So you've a one in three chance of finding a partner who doesn't like it, and at that she'll probably just let you know, but be happy to be with you anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

personally i'd find it a big turn off, but thats just me, and perhaps if you were charming enough i wouldn't even notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Maybe I'm wrong but I assume that guys with hairy backs are kinda hairy in general? If this right; a woman that thinks you're cute might not be that surprised if you have a hairy back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

nice to see a non judgemental post...
    hair = gross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Just wax the thing, man. It doesn't hurt that much or cost that much, and feels surprisingly refreshing. Plus your muscles and tattoos show up much better.

Girls get bits of themselves far more delicate than their backs waxed to look good for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

Well, I have hair on my crotch. Mrs Maccattack seems to like that so I'd say you'd be safe enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭greenkittie

stovelid wrote:
    nice to see a non judgemental post...

haha ok im not that close minded i once dated a guy i really liked and thought his hairy back was kinda cute but he would have been nicer without it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

stovelid wrote:
    Maybe I'm wrong but I assume that guys with hairy backs are kinda hairy in general? If this right; a woman that thinks you're cute might not be that surprised if you have a hairy back.

Not really true. I'm not a hairy guy but I've got a bit of a hairy back. Nothing too serious compared to some guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I got mine done for the first time a few weeks ago - ginger back was really getting to me. It's not cheap nor painful, and it takes a bit of getting used to, but it was worth doing, overall it feels much better, especially for exercise (although ladyfriend also seemed to like it). Wouldn't wax anywhere else though!

Feel free to PM...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I hate mine and get it waxed regularly. It's not sore, and it's not that expensive either.

My GF can't understand why I bother, she loves it. But it's personal preference like having long hair, or a beard. Some girls like these things, some don't.

If you don't like it, get rid of it, if you do, don't!

K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

I wouldn't particularly mind a bit of back fluff. A full carpet might be a different story though.
    If you did want to get something done about it I'd suggest looking into getting it lasered off instead of waxed as sometimes the regrowth from waxing a fellas back can be itchy and turn into little spots (mainly because most blokes aren't too handy with exfoliators and such).

If it's bothering you look into your options.
    If it's not, just relax & forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

I hate mine and get it waxed regularly. It's not sore, and it's not that expensive either.

My GF can't understand why I bother, she loves it. But it's personal preference like having long hair, or a beard. Some girls like these things, some don't.

If you don't like it, get rid of it, if you do, don't!

K.

Head Nail Hammer.

I have a Des down the Back, so has the brother, i know a couple of others - we're all married, some a long time. It shouldnt be an issue, you are who you are, you will find someone who likes you for who you are, dont freak about it.

Advertisement