Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indian restaurants in Sligo Town

Options
  • 20-10-2006 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭

Having lived in Montreal for the last year, I have fallen in love with the city's wide range of restaurants, especially Indian ones. I'll be returning to Sligo with my wife next year and I'm wondering what folks on this board think of the standard of Indian restaurants in Sligo Town? I've never been to one in Sligo but I have read good things about Sher-E-Punjab on Market Street.

Any replies will be appreciated. :)

I'll have to check out the one in Easkey village as well. I lived close to Easkey and the restaurant/take-away was open for two years without a visit from me. Oh, how foolish and blind I was to not at least try it. :( I've heard good things from some of my friends about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

The Village Tandoori
    Pearse Road Sligo

There's another one on Quay Street. I'll get the name for you later.
    Not a big indian food fan so i have never eaten in them but my cousin swears by the place on Pearse Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Restaurant in Quay Street car park is called Mughal. Don't know what it's like though. Also there is one on O'Connell Street called Popadoms and I've heard good things about the food.

il gatto wrote:
    Restaurant in Quay Street car park is called Mughal. Don't know what it's like though. Also there is one on O'Connell Street called Popadoms and I've heard good things about the food.

Forgot about Popadoms. Supposed to be class but who knows?
    I think there is one on High Street as well.
    I'll check it out and get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Isnt there one above the restaurant that used to be Adelaide in the Wine Street Car Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

That is a chineese

• Advertisement

And a damn good one!. It's called Kings

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Gillie wrote:
    Forgot about Popadoms. Supposed to be class but who knows?
    I think there is one on High Street as well.
    I'll check it out and get back to you.

I had a meal in the restaurant on High Street a few months ago. I think it is called Punjab Tandoori. They did a great madras.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Thanks for your replies everyone! I've read good things about "The Village Tandoori" and Poppadoms online. I look forward to trying them out. :) I only developed my taste for Indian food in Montreal, a city famous for the quality of its food. If any of you are ever here, get a delivery from 'Star of India' (Etoile des Indes). It's the first delivery meal I've ever had that tastes as good at home as it does in a restaurant. The portions or food and rice are massive as well. I'll miss it. :-(
    smashey wrote:
    I had a meal in the restaurant on High Street a few months ago. I think it is called Punjab Tandoori. They did a great madras.
    A great madras you say? Well, that is my favourite Indian meal. :D I must check it out upon my return, cheers for the reference!

Advertisement