Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement for a scratched DVD

Options
  • 19-10-2006 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Last Christmas I bought a copy of Lost Season One, Part One off play.com. I was quite busy at the time and didn't bother watching it when it came. Stupidly enough, I didn't check the disks for scratches either. When I eventually did decide to watch them I discovered that the first disk of the set was scratched pretty badly. I sent an email to play.com about this, but never got a response. I decided to then try the manufacturers, Buena Vista Home Entertainment (UK). Happily enough they responded quite quickly and told me to return the disk in question to them and they'd test it. If they found it bad they'd send me a replacement. I sent them another email just to make sure the UK branch covered Ireland, which they said did.

So I posted the DVD as a registered package with An Post, on the 29th of August. With the tracking number I was able to see that the disk was delivered on the 4th of September. Since then I've heard nothing. I've tried emailing the consumer relations department back several times, from several different email addresses but have had no response to any of my emails. I've managed to track down a phone number for the company, but I'm not sure if it's even the right office. Does anyone have any suggestions about what to do if I don't have any luck with ringing them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Well Plays returns policy is valid for 28 days from the receipt of the item, so thats definitely up. Is it the film factory website that you went through for Buena Vista?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Cyclonius

Yip, it's the Film Factory website I used. It lists the contact email address as feedback@thefilmfactory.co.uk. I haven't been able to find any other email addresses on the site to contact anyone else at the company to find out what's going on.

Advertisement