Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drum Beat Software

Options
  • 19-10-2006 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

I on the look out to buy a professional software package for making drum beats, can anyone recommend any please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Ziycon wrote:
    I on the look out to buy a professional software package for making drum beats, can anyone recommend any please?

You looking for stepsequencing or what? Have you considered an MPC1000 or similar? Maybe have a look at "Battery" with an Akai MPD16

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Any ideas of where in Ireland i'd get the MPC1000 or where i can get a price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Nowhere really stocks them in Ireland - maybe that DJ shop near the liffey?
    They're a grand on thomann.den with the (advised) memory upgrade

http://www.thomann.de/ie/akai_mpc1000_mit_128_mb.htm

You'd probably pay close to two grand if you can find them in Ireland either way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

well you can't beat the likes of Reason 3.0...

But to be honest, you're probably just better off buying an electric kit and learning how to play drums:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

EZDrummer seems to be getting loads of good reviews. It's a VST plugin so you need some host software but that shouldn't be a problem. The samples were recorded by the Meshuggah drummer. And it's cheap. 130E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Thanks for the help people!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

BFD does it for me. Sounds incredibly real though you'd want to be able to sequence midi or have a midi keyboard to beat out a groove. RTAS and VST plug-in.

Wish I could use Reason.

Advertisement