Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

premiership betting 21st oct

Options
  • 19-10-2006 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭

as i am away to the big game on sunday i will post my selections early

Wigan Athletic/draw 11/5
    Everton/win 4-7
    Aston Villa/home 8-11
    charlton/draw 9-5
    chelsea/win 1-4

return of 35.29 for one placed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Enjoy the match county, should be a cracker. Anyway its that time of the week again when Pigheads head goes all dizzy from the sheer amount of games on the bloody coupon! Hopefully I've picked the right ones.

Kilkenny City V Shamrock Rovers @4/11: Well a fairly obvious one to start with really. Kilkenny have been terrible in the second half of the season. Their last 19 games depressingly read W0 D2 L17. Their manager was given the boot last week and with Rovers needing to win to keep pace with Dundalk and Galway this looks like an almost certain away win.For the more adventurous among you Rovers are available at Evens for HT-FT.

Charlton V Watford @1/1: Yep thats right I'm betting on the bottom team in the premiership. In fairness to Charlton I reckon its something of a false position. In their last 7 games they've played Man Utd, Chelsea Arsenal, Bolton, Villa, Portsmouth and Fulham. The first 6 mentioned occupy the 1st 6 places in the table and against Fulham they were rathe runlucky the other night. Bent looked to be back to his best as well which is a major plus. Watford are obviously no mugs but they were well beaten 3-0 by Arsenal last week and haven't won at all this season. I reckon Charlton can leapfrog them tomorrow.

St Johnstone V Queen Of The South @1/3: Poor old Queen of the South are having an awful time of it. 2 measly points all season and beaten in 4 of their last 5 league games tells its own story. St Johnstone on the other hand lie joint top of the division with Gretna and ought to see off the visitors challenge.(St Johnstone have only dropped 2 points at home all season, a draw against Gretna last week)

Cork City V Sligo @8/15: The wheels are starting to come off for Sligo after a great 1st half to the season. A fortunate victory against Pats has been their only victory in the past 6 games. They drew twice with non league killester drew with bottom club Waterford and got hammered 4-0 last week to Derry. Most important of all though they were hammered 3-0 by Cork when playing at home a month ago. Cork still have a slight chance to lift the title and won't give up until its mathematically impossible. They lost last wek to Bray but their form before that was decent with 3 wins and two draws.

Ajaccio V Istres @4/5: Ajaccio are no world beaters but they're pretty solid at home having lost just once all season. Istres are relegation material and have are without a win in their last 4 games. Last week they played at home against 10 man Le Havre for an hour and failed to score. This is the game most likely to end in a draw but I reckon Ajaccio can do it.

Weekend Recommendedations:
    40 Points Shamrock Rovers, Charlton, Cork, St Johnstone @4.5/1
    20 Points Shamrock Rovers, Charlton, Cork, St Johnstone, Ajaccio @ 9.5/1
    10 Points Cork HT-FT @11/8, Charlton(1/1), Grays Athletic(5/4), Shelbourne(4/6) @16/1

Sorry bout lack of info about Grays but I'm just finishing "work". Basically their playing St Albans and its a risky one as they've been on a bad run but I have a feeling they might snatch an away win tomorrow.Risky proposition though which is why they're not in my main bet.

Anyway Good Luck To All. Enjoy your weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

All eggs in the Charlton basket pighead? Risky stuff.

Personally I'd be more inclined to side with Watford or even the draw.

I've gone for a hail mary bet week for a change:

5 Fold-
    Morton v Stranrear
    Luton v Leeds
    Manure v Liverpool
    Leicester v Palace - Draw
    Norwich v Cardiff
    €10 @ 36.2/1

Treble-
    Wigan v Man City
    Forfar v Raith Rovers
    Montrose v Stenhousemuir
    €10 @ 14/1

High Odds Double :confused: -
    Charlton v Watford
    Chelsea v Portsmouth
    €10 @ 41/1

Good luck too everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

im gonna go for these:

Charlton v Watford Draw
    Chelsea v Portsmouth Home
    Everton V Sheff United home
    Aston Villa V Fulham Draw

46.10 will win me 1000. Wish me luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

Chelsea v Portsmouth
    Premiership Matches, Saturday 21st October
    Chelsea @ 1 - 4

Everton v Sheff Utd
    Everton @ 4 - 7

Celtic v Motherwell
    Scottish Premiership, Saturday 21st October
    Celtic @ 1 - 7

Gretna v Clyde
    Scottish Division 1, Saturday 21st October
    Gretna @ 4 - 9

Aston Villa v Fulham
    Aston Villa @ 7 - 10

West Brom v Wolves
    Coca Cola C'ship Matches, Sunday 22nd
    West Brom @ 5 - 6

Accumulator odds are approx 10/1 with PP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Villa to beat Fulham
    Everton to beat Sheffield United
    Preston to beat Hull

3/1 or there abouts.

• Advertisement

thats the easiest grand ill ever make.:D :D:D

im gonna go for these:

Charlton v Watford Draw

You beauty!

Well done :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

gud man Tubbertown1982

5 Fold-
    Morton v Stranrear :)
    Luton v Leeds :)
    Manure v Liverpool :)
    Leicester v Palace - Draw :)
    Norwich v Cardiff :eek:
    €10 @ 36.2/1

Damn you Cardiff! So close yet so far :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

im gonna go for these:

Charlton v Watford Draw

Kudos to you Tubber.

Spend it wisely....

Q

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Great stuff Tubbertown. Bet ya had a good night Saturday night after seeing those results come in.

Pigheads bets all lost because of Charltons failure to beat Watford. As Erin said it was a bit silly to have them in all 3 bets. Schoolboy Error!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Good mand tubbetown. If thats too much money for you to know what to do with, you can send some too me. :D

Cheers lads. thats 2 out of 2 here for me so far! Hopefully i can keep it up :D:D:D

Advertisement