Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Give me my shine back!!!

Options
  • 19-10-2006 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi I bought a table 5 years ago and the areas that are most commonly used are getting dull and no amount of furniture polish is restoring its shine.
    What should I use to restore it?
    I have no idea what wood the table is, it is a heavy dark wood table, it wasnt v expensive so it isnt teak.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Hi

The condition you are describing may be from the finish being worn through, and effectively being removed from the surface. So you may be trying to revive an area of the table that has no finish on it at this stage.

If its a cheap table , it may not be worth expensive refinishing, and depending on your diy level , it may be a project you could tackle your self.

If the old finish was removed , a local joinery may give it a quick coat of spray for you

kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭pbergin

What about using something like beeswax?
    The colour of the table is perfect, it just looks dull in some areas when the light shines off it. if it is to be resprayed should the table be sanded first?

Advertisement