Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netkia DVD/DivX/MP3 Hard Disk Media Palyer

• 18-10-2006 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I’m looking to buy large capacity HDD Media player with good video and audio outputs.

I’ve found Netkia TV Media player with 250GB HDD on eBay. From what I’ve gathered on Internet, Netkia player, unlike majority of similar devices, in addition to Composite Video/Audio also has VGA, Component and S-video outputs and Digital audio. It seems able to play all major video & audio formats (DVD/DivX/XviD/MPEG4/MP3/WMA, etc) and is quite compact. Also HDD can be easy enough replaced with larger one – up to 500GB – and it take standard 3.5” drives.

On Bargain Alerts people there is a discussion about cheaper PC World Media 50GB players. But they have very limited video/audio connections. And also some people complained about their quality.

Does anybody have an opinion/experience with Netkia or similar players?
    Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭bbbbb

Not clear to me how you get the media on to the player to begin with. In terms of "inputs"
    - there's no disc player
    - there's no antenna in so you can't record or pause tv.
    - there's no ethernet or wireless network
    The only thing I can see is a USB port.

Basically it's a USB hard drive, with software & outputs for playing media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,381 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Don't have one but have thought about getting one of the kiss media players. Might be worth checking out. I know pixmania sell 2 models

Advertisement