Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is she interested?

Options
  • 18-10-2006 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure this question has been asked before but any help would be appriciated, just out a long relationship so its al new
    Met this girl last saturday night and we hit it off. She asked to meet up again last night we ended up having a really great time,went for a drink in the local and wound up on a bit of a pub crawl. She gave off all the usual signs, hair flicking, touching, holding hands and we kissed when i walked her home. Really thought things were going somewhere. Today seems like I read it all wrong though. Sent a text asking how she was and had a great time, she just replyed that she was dying and to have a good weekend (were both going back home). Wished her likewise and thats been it.
    There is an age gap, im 22 and shes 25 which is bothering her i think but she mentioned that it more what her friends will think than an issue of maturity.
    My problem really comes down to knowing where i stand. I know it's too early to ask is this going anwhere. Am just getting too far ahead of myself and cool off? Should i chase after her? Is it just they way she texts? I dont want to lose her but not wind up looking like a fool. Anyadvice very much appriciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

wow gee you want me to read her mind ?
    Where is my crystal ball good to have it on hand so I can donk you on the head with it.

Is she intrested ?
    Only she can tell you that.

Should you take time to cool off?
    Sure do that give her time to cool off too and forget how much fun she had and miss the opertunity.

oh there is a 3 year age gap?
    Wow that is like oh my god so huge and unsurmountible, you will never have anything in commmon what so ever and not have anything to talk about.
    Just life, family, world politics, likes and dislikes.

You want to know where you stand ?
    On your own two feet, I should hope and the next step would be to get in touch with her and orgainse seeing her again.
    You know it is called a date, you ring some one and ask them out to coffee or dinner or a drink.
    I dont want to lose her but not wind up looking like a fool.
    Fortune favours the brave,
    he who dares wins,
    it is better to have loved and lost then never have loved at all,
    the worsest regrests are the things we never do.

Sort out a first date before you start thinking about your first child together.
    Have fun :) oh and remember to play safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Unreg123 wrote:
    she just replyed that she was dying and to have a good weekend (were both going back home). Wished her likewise and thats been it.

I can tell you right now that when I'm hungover I don't even want to see my phone never mind send any messages or make any calls. Maybe she was just wrecked after a good night and wasn't in the humour for carrying on a text conversation with you at the time.

You had one date. Relax!

If she's going to freak out about the age thing because of what her friend's think then she clearly has no mind of her own, and is that really someone you want to be with?

Give her a text tomorrow and say something like "so did you recover after yesterday?" and see what she says. Or take the plunge and give her a ring.

Ask her to go out again and if she says no, she says no. If she says yeah, then great. Just take it easy and try not to appear too freaked out. There's very little point in reading so much into things like hungover text messages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Unreg123 wrote:
    Today seems like I read it all wrong though. Sent a text asking how she was and had a great time, she just replyed that she was dying and to have a good weekend (were both going back home). Wished her likewise and thats been it.
    WTF?

Was there a bit in her text that said "don't think we should see each other though, sorry there just isn't a connection there" that you're leaving out?

Otherwise what's the problem.
    Unreg123 wrote:
    There is an age gap, im 22 and shes 25
    That's not an age gap. Sorry, it's just not.
    Unreg123 wrote:
    My problem really comes down to knowing where i stand.
    Look deep within you and see if you can find the answer...
    Unreg123 wrote:
    I know it's too early to ask is this going anwhere.
    There you go.

Where you stand is that you met a girl on Saturday night, met her again last night and had a good time.

You may go on another date and decide you really aren't clicking with her. You may go on to become a famous husband-and-wife team of relief workers who share a Nobel Peace Prize for your work together before retiring to spend more time with your 27 grandchildren.

At this point the "relationship" is like Shroedinger's cat, nobody can tell if it's there or not.
    Unreg123 wrote:
    Am just getting too far ahead of myself and cool off?
    You're sending texts, she's sending texts. You can send unlimited texts to someone without having to get married to them you know.
    Unreg123 wrote:
    Should i chase after her?
    Yes, Run Forrest Run!
    Alternatively, just ask her if she'd like to go on another date like a normal adult would.
    Unreg123 wrote:
    Is it just they way she texts?
    Wha?!
    Unreg123 wrote:
    I dont want to lose her
    You don't have her yet, you've been on a single date.
    Unreg123 wrote:
    but not wind up looking like a fool.
    You had a date!
    People have dates all the time. Was the date in Brigadoon and you danced with her twice in a row?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Just one date? Can't tell much from that. Also, if I was hung over after drinking, I wouldn't want to see friend or foe. Three year age difference? Not much. Chill out and don't look too excited to her, or you will look desparate, a sure date killer. So, give her a chance to recover, then contact her. Invite her out. See where it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thanks for the wakeup,you are right im just being a muppet about this. like i said, my pervious relationship lasted 5 years. wanted to do the whole single thing for a bit so the last time i was in this situtation i was 17 so. hope that goes some way to explain how clueless i am at this and why its such a big deal. ye are right though, im just reading far to much into things and just need to relax and see where it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Take it easy OP and don't rush things. 22-25 is nothing, I don't see that as an age gap. Give her a bit of space and ask her out again, try not to act too clingy. It will happen for you but don't force anything. Good luck now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Your welcome.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i was 20 when i when i went out with a 22-year-old. it wasn't really a big deal, and 3 months later we broke up for other reasons.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Unfortunately women when they are older than men tend to think alot about the age gap. For relationships they tend to prefer men a couple of years older than them. Not in all cases obviously, I have a mate going with girl 7 years older than him for the past three years.

But generally girls don't like it. I met a girl two years ago in a nite club and we got on really well, the attraction was mutual and all of that. We kissed and then as soon as I gave her my age she totally went off me.

Just talk to her, see what she says. Only she can tell you if she is interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭NeiloMac

I went out with a girl two years older then me for a year and a half,

She always had a problem with the age thing, and in the end it was one of the factors,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Two years was "an age thing"? How old where you at the time, eight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Eminem

I think you should ask her .Just behonest and ask her how she feels.Because the longer u leave it the more yu wil feel that way ...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Casually asked a few female friends about what to do today but got a different answers from each so i am really none the wiser. I'm guessing leave things a few days and see what happens. I'll ask her out again and i suppose i'll be able to tell from that what the story is. Part of me thinks dont bother getting hung up about it, theres plenty more out there so move on but i know that just comes down to fearing rejection though. I do know that she likes me but that it's the age thing must be an issue for her. its such a shame though cause we had such a good time. your right eminem i will have to ask her or i know i'll end up regreting it. thanks again for the advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭NeiloMac

Talliesin wrote:
    Two years was "an age thing"? How old where you at the time, eight?

I was 23 and incase your **** at math she was 25, and she was the one that had the problem with me being younger,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭upthere

Mate, sounds like she's using you as a confidence booster! Keep clear trust me. They're the ones that make you psychotic!

Advertisement