Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Throwing Muses / Kristin Hersh

Options
  • 18-10-2006 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this particular section of Boards, hello!
    Any Throwing Muses / Kristin Hersh, or indeed 50 Foot wave fans out there amongst you? I've been a big fan for about 13 years, but rarely meet people who've heard of them :( so I thought i'd ask here!

sueL xx

www.throwingmusic.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭sonic juice

I have a few of their albums,I really like 'In the doghouse',haven't listened to them in a good while,you've reminded me to listen to them again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭SueL

:p good!

Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Caught the gig in Dublin after Throwing Muses re-formed.

Went into the gig with a very sore back, spent the whole of the support act facing away from the stage because facing uphill was easier on my spine.

First chord from Throwing Muses and I was bouncing like Tigger on amphetamines.

Have also caught Kristin playing solo in an intimate venue, very good gig.

yeah that gig in the Ambassador was great, mostly cos I never thought id see them play again after seeing them in the Tivoli before they broke up. Glad their presence made you forget about your sore back!! The KH solo gigs are always a treat too. Have you caught any 50 Foot Wave yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

My first exposure to the Throwing Muses was a friend copying House Tornado for me in school.

Saw them live in England in 1989 supported by The Sundays. Great gig.

Favourite LPs

1 The Real Ramona
    2 Hunkpapa
    3 House Tornado

• Advertisement

The last album they did after they re-formed, called Throwing Muses, was brilliant too, theyre all great though. Quite a different sound to them all.

Advertisement