Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The €100 bet.

Options
  • 18-10-2006 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Put 20 aside and do a double on tonight's soccer. Chelsea to draw. Liverpool to draw. Thank me tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Narrow it down it a bit. Do you want long odds shot or a banker? There plenty of bets people can give you but it will be 1.17 or there abouts.

Or do you want bets the will be over evens?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

Wanna go for broke, stick it on Fenerbache 3/1 to beat Newcastle tomorrow,

or Rangers to beat Livorno 11/4,

Rangers are muck in the league but have put good performances into the Uefa Cup,

and as for Newcastle just being plain shocking of a team, and barely scraping through a few rounds,
    and Fenerbache being a strong enough team, and physical team,

the prices aren't the worst...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

Chelsea v Portsmouth
    Premiership Matches, Saturday 21st October
    Chelsea @ 1 - 4

Everton v Sheff Utd
    Everton @ 4 - 7

Celtic v Motherwell
    Scottish Premiership, Saturday 21st October
    Celtic @ 1 - 7

Gretna v Clyde
    Scottish Division 1, Saturday 21st October
    Gretna @ 4 - 9

Aston Villa v Fulham
    Aston Villa @ 8 - 11

West Brom v Wolves
    Coca Cola C'ship Matches, Sunday 22nd
    West Brom @ 5 - 6

Accumulator odds are approx 10/1 with PP. If u r not sure of a team just take them out and u will still have good odds especially backing it with €100. Up 2 u though. Always check injurys/suspensions before the matches and then bet accordingly.

• Advertisement

It has to be a single bet.

oh i thought he meant that he wanted all the money bet in one go, as in not bettin half on one match then the rest another day on another match.

@ The Scientist: If the bet which u took wins will there be dividends payed out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

This bet requires a slight degree of patience as it won't pay out til Christmas time.

Pighead reckons a bet on Take That to be Christmas No.1(With X-Factor Winner exclued from thebetting) is a cracking bet @4/1. Theres a big buzz at the moment about their new album and the first single off it, Patience, is released in 2 weeks will almost definitely go straight in at No.1. Now apparently the single is getting great reviews which means there will be a momentum building and Take That will once more be all the rage come Yuletide.

The main opposition will be Westlife but as they're releasing an album of covers(Yawn) hopefully the public will go all nostalgic and lap up Take That Christmas ballad.

Recommended Bet: Take That to be Christmas No.1 @4/1 (Betting without X Factor Winner)

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

I'd buy 100 Euro worth of Euromillions Quick picks and retire on Saturday (hopefully) :o

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Would have thought single bet meant one single 100 Euro on
    a or a number of selections not 20 here and a 40 there etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Simple little bet here, Over 41.0 points on the Chargers @Chiefs game this weekend. Want to bump up the odds? Stick in the Over 37.0 on the Steelers @Falcons game. That double is worth 2.64/1 for you. €100 on and your laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

tony blair to step down in december at odds at 18-1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

cheree?

IncredibleBulk: I aint an american footy fan so i would'nt trust that bet...

Anyone got the name of a horse for saturday?
    Lol, tell you what. Pick a horse and I wil give you 2pts above any bookmaker. You are being silly. If you have a single bet, and only a single bet to make, there are a multitude of bets out there that wil pay.

First rule, do not back in a 3/4/5/6/7/...../21 versus 1 competiton, take a 1 on 1, such as in soccer or American Footbal, tennis, cricket, snooker etc if you want to win.

If you want to be a spacer and have a punt on horses, go for any 2nd fav in any race, you have as good a chance as anyone.

If you want a return on your bet back a single bet out of the following:

1) Derry to beat Drogheda.
    2) Dortmund to beat Bochum
    3) Chelsea to beat Portsmouth

Hat at the ready with some red sauce if all these do not come in.

Anyone got the name of a horse for saturday?

If you want to throw away your money just give it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

Rangers 3-1 up at they were 11/4 and 3/1 with some,

looks like a great bet missed so far...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Why not bet on a single match?

Why not bet on a single match?
    Well he could do but he'd get fcuk all return if he were to pick a near certainty thus making the whole exercise futile.

For example he could put 100 quid on Chelsea to win this weekend but at the odds of 1/4 he'd only make 25 quid. "Well why not go for the other team at odds of 4/1 then?" I hear you cry. Well basically because they won't win.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I was thinking more along the lines of a match like the rangers one that was cited above.

• Advertisement

I was thinking more along the lines of a match like the rangers one that was cited above.
    To be honest Rangers weren't given much of a chance against Livorno beforehand and it would have took a very brave man to put a hundred quid on them.

Rangers game was last night, so you'll sturggle to find a bookies willing to take that bet.

liverpool are 3/1 with PP!!!!

go me. wot about the dividends suggestion? :D

lol. sound i mite put a few wagers on 2moro aswell inc the one i picked earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭football man

put the €100 on man utd to beat liverpool on sunday. its on in OT and united are playing very well at the moment. at 10/11(pp) its a very good price for man u at home.

• Advertisement

that game is a dodgy bet football man wouldnt touch it wit a €100 bet

Advertisement