Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Devlins - where are they now?

Options
  • 18-10-2006 12:45am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I saw the Devlins play Doolans warehouse once (maybe twice? :confused: ) in Limerick when I was a student there in 1999. I haven't heard anything from them in years, and doing a quick search in wiki does not turn up anything. Where are they now? Are they still together or broken up? Any news music from them? I loved the album "Waiting".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

Still a going concern as far as i know. Check out their allmusic.com entry...

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭dohboy

The bassist, Peter i think, is married to lorraine keane, TV3 entertainment lass.

Very shrewd guys - invested their money wisely when the made inroads a few years ago so they're pretty well off. As for their musical output - imo very dull MOR dross.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

My best mate Mark is there guitarist, still going strong but taking a break after touring.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Muzzy

Great Great band, seen them loads of times, one of Irelands most under rated bands.

According to there Web-Site they are in studio at the moment.

They took a break after the Waves album and tour and I know Colin did a few solo gigs over in New York.

BossArky, check out Waves and Concent, more great albums, they are marked down at ever record store so you should be able to pick the two of them up for €15

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Thanks all for the info. I shall try to check out those albums.

• Advertisement
Advertisement