Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any ideas?

Options
  • 17-10-2006 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

hello all
    not sure if I'm posting in the right place but I have an issue maybe someone with few extra braincells than me or someone who had a similar experience
    I am gone from ireland now a year and dont know when I will be back but before I left I had just gotten my hard earned 5 years no claims bonus from my car insurance and I believe the cut off is 2 years of a break
    any ideas on what to to keep it for another while

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

ugly wrote:
    hello all
    not sure if I'm posting in the right place but I have an issue maybe someone with few extra braincells than me or someone who had a similar experience
    I am gone from ireland now a year and dont know when I will be back but before I left I had just gotten my hard earned 5 years no claims bonus from my car insurance and I believe the cut off is 2 years of a break
    any ideas on what to to keep it for another while

Depending on which insurance co , NCDs usually lapsed if policy is not renewed within 1 or 2 years. You need to check. Therefore not uncommon for Irish abroad in order to retain NCD, to keep some form of policy going, eg, 3rd Party only on a very cheap small engine car.

That said your insurance co might recognise any NCD acquired whilst abroad, AFAIK, not the norm.

Why not ring your insurers???

Advertisement