Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to sell pro audio stuff in Dublin

Options
  • 17-10-2006 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Apart from the great "adverts" webpage, and the ubiquitous B**and**ll, where would you recommend advertising Pro Spec PA speakers in Dublin. I am trying to sell some PA equipment to fund the purchase of some more instruments and recording gear but, to date, I haven't had much success (even though the kit is brand new and offered at nearly 25% off RRP).

Any advice / experiences / pitfall to avoid greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mods: I am definitely not trying to sell these via a different board posting, just looking for info. If this post causes aggro or breaches guidelines then please feel free to remove it from the board. Ta!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Buy and sell? I'd say a few places in town take trade ins but you'll get nowhere near 75% of RRP because they have to pay 21% Vat on the sale of second hand gear. A few of the smaller shops that dont do trade ins do let you display the stuff in the shop and take a 5 or 10% cut of the price. What exactly are the speakers out of interest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Nevermind, saw your ad there now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

slavedave wrote:
    Apart from the great "adverts" webpage, and the ubiquitous B**and**ll, where would you recommend advertising Pro Spec PA speakers in Dublin. I am trying to sell some PA equipment to fund the purchase of some more instruments and recording gear but, to date, I haven't had much success (even though the kit is brand new and offered at nearly 25% off RRP).

Any advice / experiences / pitfall to avoid greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mods: I am definitely not trying to sell these via a different board posting, just looking for info. If this post causes aggro or breaches guidelines then please feel free to remove it from the board. Ta!

Those Turbosound speakers yeah? I've heard great things but they'd be well outside the price range of most working working musicians. Dynacord are expensive enough, but Turbosound's are cosidered higher again so you have to ask yourself which kind of people would consider buying this rig.

I'd be interested myself, but like any other working muso I couldnt justify the price tag considering you can get a whole rig for the same price you are asking and still very good results.

Have you tried AV companies??

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭slavedave

Thanks for the info chaps. I have them up on Studio Solutions website (they're based in Blanchardstown now since a move from Dunshaughlin) but interest is slow. I guess that I was trying to find suitable outlets in music publications and A/V hire/retailers. I would consider a trade in but as Savman says, these start at a price that most people can't afford. Short of going round peddling them to restaurants etc I am at a loss. I am holding off using these speakers myself for our church PA because
    a) I really want the funds to purchase a new stage piano, powered PA + foldback for the services and to add a few items to my home studio.
    b) They would be a little "overkill" in terms of capacity.

What a dilemma?
    If I can't sell them, at worst they will at least get put to good use (though I reckon they will never get a full workout at the services;) )
    Thanks again for the input. Any more thoughts / pointers gladly received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

slavedave wrote:
    Any more thoughts
    Well I'm not one for taking charitable donations but....:D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement