Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

Options
  • 17-10-2006 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Going to see this this evening, thought I'd post first to see what others had to say.

Certainly reviews haven't been kind, but I find that the biggest fault most critics find with this movie is a sheer sense of pointlessness - but does, or would, that matter to you in this type of genre? I know it doesn't overly matter to me - who cares if this film isn't any kind of a step forward, trashy features like the later Jason and Freddy movies have been standing still for the past decade yet still provide ample entertainment...

Word is that this film, whatever else it may be, is very violent with plenty of blood and guts to satifsfy hardcore slasher fans. Which to me is a great fall back point, bit of liberal blood use can go a long way in a dipping film for me, or in some rare cases, totally redeem it.

Either way, will see how it goes. And will see how my review will contrast - or possibly confirm with - the only review on boards so far, which is far from praising.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

But the person who did that review is an incredible tool and a poor troll. I'd sooner ask a brick wall for its opinion on a movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Unfortunately the already existing review sums up my opinion fairly accurately.

1, possibly 2 at a stretch, out of 10. The words Cliched and Predictable are taken to whole new levels.

Basically the remake, remade in itself, with new characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

The only thing more terrifying than how it ended...is how it began!

Yeah, it looks ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I was reading cinema listings in the paper, one cinema had "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2"......was that a mis-print or have they remade the sequel to the original as well? :confused:

Mis-print....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Surely it can't be as bad as that one with Renee Zellweger? :s

Creature wrote:
    Surely it can't be as bad as that one with Renee Zellweger? :s

Considering that I had to turn that one off after about 12 minutes, I'd say it might be slightly better, relatively speaking :D

There was nothing wrong with the values of The Beginning, it was high budget, looked well, and bled well, but it was just so totally unoriginal, it was boring.

Advertisement