Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I messed it! (Japanese guitars)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

There's only one possible solution:-
    you must have both. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Those Seymour Duncans are going to be as sweet as living in the Playboy mansion, that is the JB and Jazz combination, I think. I think you know you'll get both in the long run... the question should be which one first? Which would you find harder to be without, humbuckers or single coils?

Personally, I think Les Paul now, Strat later (sorry Ancient1 ;) ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭les-paul

I should have known the answer I'd got when I posted to a forum of helpless hardcore GASsed people!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

There's only one possible solution:-
    you must have both. :)

This profound wisdom is the reason Mr. Storm is a senior and respected member here. Does that answer your question, les-paul? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Having gone the Les Paul now and Strat later route, I would have to disagree. I would say Strat now and Les Paul later. The Strat (to me) is a more versatile guitar and will hold the interest much more due to the variety of available sounds/styles.

You will always have that "should I have gone for the LP" question which will grow in your mind and eat away at your sanity endlessly until you finally give in and get a LP too.

• Advertisement

Good point Quattroste. Thing is, I'm upgrading form a cheap Squier and it would be nice some fat tone for a change.

Can any Edwards owner comment her views? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Out Of Order

Damn you, I hadnt seen them before!
    How come you cant find them from Ishabishi navigation?

They seem like the same lefty options as the Tokais that Ishabishi were selling before except with Duncans.
    Is there a connection, take-over or something?
    I had my eye on the black Les Paul custom one.
    Heres a picture I had saved of it:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Well, I had a Squire strat starting out. Upgraded to a Mexican std. Strat. Got very annoyed that it wasn't loud enough when I needed then got and Epiphone LP and retro-fitted Duncan JB and Lil '59. Never play the strat anymore. Okay, very rarely for a Hendrix bit or something but eventually the buzzing from the single coils drives me nuts!

Check out this link
    http://www.espguitars.co.jp/edwards/original/E-LP-85SDLH.html
    and watch the picture showing the neck junction to the body. Would you say it's a bolt on neck? I'm not sure I wand to have a bolted on LP, like that crappy Epiphone LP-100.

It says it's a set neck, just like a real Les Paul
    JOINT : Set-Neck

• Advertisement

You could have this LP-esque PRS for €655. Just for the sake of confusion :D

http://www.thomann.de/ie/prs_tremonti_se_black_egitarre.htm

Alright, I´ve managed to make my mind again, I'll go for the Edwards, if people at Ishibashi can stock some, they said there were havingsome problems with ESP stocks and I'd have to wait until mid-November... I'll give them a month and if they can't get them I'll order the Fender. Anyone will make a real nice present for my birthday in early December!

I've never met an SE that had had decent electronics. Very noisy beasts, they seem to be. Edwards ftw!

Doctor J wrote:
    I've never met an SE that had had decent electronics. Very noisy beasts, they seem to be. Edwards ftw!
    TBH I just like the look of them. Never actually played one! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭DamoRed

Sorry if I missed all the chat on this subject, I may be miles behind the times but...

I've just noticed that Ishibashi have started to limit Japanese Fenders to Japan only! "Sales of the fender Japan commodity I will limit it only to Japan". This is on the page of the individual guitar itself and on the Fender Japan page with all styles, it says "- I will limit sales of the fender Japan commodity only to Japan" So that makes it fairly clear. How long has this been here?

When was the last time anyone here ordered and received a Fender from them?

Dammit, this is going to cause much gnashing of teeth!

Damo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

DamoRed wrote:
    Sorry if I missed all the chat on this subject, I may be miles behind the times but...

I've just noticed that Ishibashi have started to limit Japanese Fenders to Japan only! "Sales of the fender Japan commodity I will limit it only to Japan". This is on the page of the individual guitar itself and on the Fender Japan page with all styles, it says "- I will limit sales of the fender Japan commodity only to Japan" So that makes it fairly clear. How long has this been here?

Damo
    Last July

DamoRed wrote:

Damo

:eek: :eek: :eek:

EDIT: Oh well. I suppose there's always GeeBay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Ill might mail Noriko to see the craic... i reckon i could get one off them.

U-box ftw. They'll ship anything second hand anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

DamoRed wrote:

I ordered a Japanese tele on behalf of a friend today. I've been chatting with someone in the store for a couple of days about it. Nothing about the above was mentioned. If any problems come up I'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭DamoRed

Thanks Eoin, I'l be keeping an eye on progress on that.

The U-Box, now dangerously adorned with pics :D would be a possibility, if the particular model you want is listed, and if someone doesn't get there before you.

I wasn't able to do a search on this subject last night, otherwise I wouldn't have brought it up and looked so far behind the times. The other thing, was that when Les Paul originally posted that he was considering a Japanese model, nobody said anything about not being able to get one. So I thought it had happened between then and now.

Damo

BTW, I got an email yesterday from Ishibashi telling that they'll receive my precious next week, yum! Does anybody know how long will it take to arrive to Ireland?

In my experience, one week.

Oh, and as you can see in the email I originally asked for a Fender, so I don't think that sign on the website is no big deal. Maybe they're just covering theis ass, as CIJ guitars are only meant to be marketed in Japan I think...

Advertisement