Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL Holidays

Options
  • 16-10-2006 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

How long do we have off for Christmas? How many of weeks do we have off. Do we get a few weeks holidays again after the exams? (That's what happened last year right? I've a bad memory) Could someone please supply me with this information along with dates? I tried to look up this information on the UL website but couldn't make much sense of it, would like to know though because i'm intending on booking a holiday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I think it's basically that we get off on the 15th, have a 'reading week' from the 2nd-6th January, then exams start on the 8th until whenever. Then don't we have 3 weeks holidays off after that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

2 weeks off at christmas.

back on jan 2nd for week13, a study week.

exams start the following monday for two weeks.

then 3 weeks off from the monday following the last weekend of the exams.

Then it's all set to change for 2007-2008 :)

Yeh but we don't really have to go back for the study week do we?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

Week 13 is always worth going to for exam tips from sound lecturers. However, some lecturers don't hold lectures, or just have q&a sessions during the week. If you're satisfied that you'll do ok in your exams and really value your free time, then don't come down. It's completely optional.
    kaimera wrote:
    Then it's all set to change for 2007-2008
    I'm completely against the revised timetable. I have always done significantly better in my Christmas exams due to the extra time to study.
    Of course, it doesn't affect me, because I'll be gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

What changes are happening..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

Exams are being moved back to before Xmas to free up holiday time for actual holidays and synchronise UL's holidays with those of other colleges.

/\We'll have our exams before Christmas instead of after, and have holidays more in line with other colleges....afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Iv my exams before xmas this year due to TP after christmas.

Ya was going to ask..How come we (Mary I) go start back in college a week earlier than ye(we're on week5 atm), get only two weeks holidays for midterm after xmas while ye get three?
    Where do we get our days back?
    I know we have thurs and fri of next week off alright, do ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Fast_Mover wrote:
    Where do we get our days back?
    You get to learn more. Bigger bang for your buck and all that. It's really Quite A Good Thing™

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

kaimera wrote:
    2 weeks off at christmas.

back on jan 2nd for week13, a study week.

exams start the following monday for two weeks.

then 3 weeks off from the monday following the last weekend of the exams.

Then it's all set to change for 2007-2008 :)

Super-dooper about the 3 weeks off after the exams. I am going to enjoy them, to say the least.

• Advertisement
Advertisement