Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shipping from ireland to usa

Options
  • 16-10-2006 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭

does anyone know of any companies that dont charge to much to ship to the us. my sister bought a christmas tree the other day and now needs it shipped to america. so far the cheapest price i have got is 250 euro with fedx. ups wanted 350!! the bloody treeonly cost 150!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭whiteboard

it wasnt a black christmas tree by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭hansov

I presume that this is an artificial tree 'cos if its a real one she might have to get some certification on plant health (even tho' the tree will be dead :D ) to supply to the U.S. authorities.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Have they no Christmas trees in the US now? Why didn't you order the tree online for US delivery, from a US store?

Basically you're charged for the size of the package, so a tree will be expensive.

You could always try An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

WTF would you ship a christmas tree to the US? It may well die on the flight over because there's no ****** in the cargo hold.
    Maybe she should have looked into this before she bought the tree....
    *boggle*

Advertisement