Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delay and Chorus.

Options
  • 16-10-2006 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭

I was checking Ebay for the above pedals and it seems there is quite a variety of prices available, from €30 (Behringer) up to €130 for the Boss and Line 6 pedals. What are the best and what makes do I avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i would say avoid behringer pedals they are really only good to learn about the effects or to mess around with..

i would go with a boss ch-1 (chorus) and a line6 echo park (delay).

both are the best pedals of their type i have tried in their price range

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Yeah the line6 site has some demo sounds of the echo park and they have what I am looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

thats it the echo park pretty much covers it all tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

TC Electronic make an expensive chorus pedal called the SCF or Stereo Chorus/Flange which is particularly stand-out. In the more moderately priced stuff I'd suggest the Marshall chorus over the Boss. Marshall don't get a lot right these days imo, but they got chorus.

I've yet to come across a delay pedal that really works for me, but Line6 seem to be the way to go. Just make sure you have a foot-tappable tempo, or it's worthless by my standards. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

out of the delays i have owned zoom 505
    boss dd-5,boss ps-3,vintage ibanez ad-9,wasabi reverse delay,akai headrush,(also have roland space echo and pearl tape echo though they are hardly pedals)
    the ad-9 and headrush stand out as the best pedals sonically

the headrush is one of the most intuitive and flexable delays going sounds incredible!
    as a basic delay the ad-9 is magical for filling out single note pieces,sounds huge and is very simple to use

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Any cheap tape-delay emulation available in either rack or pedal form? I can't see myself affording a Space Echo anytime soon....

the headrush does tape echo sim very well,my space echo won't be leaving the house again...too delicate and expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Yeah i have to say the delays on the headrush are absolutely incredible, had to sell mine to punchdrunk unfortunately as my wallet and two delays dont get along. I plan to get an AD9 to replace my echo park soon enough, you still have the AD9 punchdrunk? Oh I'd love a Boss DM-3 too but thats wayyyy outta my budget.

hey freak! yeah i still got it it's with lovetone in england being fixed at the moment,it died all of a sudden such is the pain of vintage stuff! probably cost more than i paid for it to fix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

If I may recommend a couple...

I had a Rocktech Chorus pedal for years and years. Doesnt look like much and is a name youve never heard but it is a really nice chorus. I sold it recently only coz I bought a Boss GT PRO and dont really use that much chorus now any way. Ceck the reviews on harmony central. Theyre all positive. It can be found quite cheaply on ebay.

As regards delay. I bought a Nobels delay last year and its fab. It has analog and digital delay settings. quite a long delay too.

again not an overly recognisable brand but good stuff anyway. read the reviews.

You dont need to buy the big name brands to get good stuff. Often its the big name stuff that is rubbish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement