Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Them bins them bins need

Options
  • 16-10-2006 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

emptying. Finally paid my bin charge after a long drawn out 4 year battle of wits.Actually they just stopped collecting them so I had to.Now,3 weeks later, they still haven't emptied them, claims of computer failure, slow communication between depot's and now the 'chip' in my bin is faulty, meanwhile the rubbish grows in size and smell.Honestly, the service was better when I didn't pay.My brother in law has the same problem with his rented houses in Drumcondra,of which all are paid up to date, the bin men apparently won't collect if the lid is sticking up.Life was so much simpler back in the day when smelly men would arrive and lug the rubbish into the back of a truck.Does anyone else have bin woes, what's my course of action,should I refuse to pay:D

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I also have a few bin woes,like yourself I did not pay on till they stooped collecting the bin and Mrs Dub13 was not impressed because of what the " neighbours would think...".So I rang up DCC and I had to pay a min of one year of charges first,No problem here paid 130 for 2004 I think.Then I had to enter an agreement with them to pay of at least 30 a month fair enough.

Now they decide to stop collecting my bins for the first time,after I have started to pay.So I ring them up and they tell me my bin should have been collected,I am told someone will be around to collect my bin the next day.While I am on the phone I decide to pay off another 120.

The bin is collected for a couple of weeks then stops again.I get on to them and they say I am not up to date on the agreement,"you missed a month sir..".I tell them that I paid for 4 months last month.After many phone calls I find out that you have to pay at least 30 a month even if you have paid of a bit of a lump,this is because if you do not pay whatever you agreed the computer will just mark you down as behind again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Well I must be the talk of the road at this stage, my bin has been put out for the last 6 weeks and not emptied. I paid 200 three weeks ago and agreed to pay 40 a month. The total bill was for 800.In my case it's like the skit in little brittan, computer says no.

Advertisement