Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE BAND THAT NEVER WERE (C) e o b

Options
  • 15-10-2006 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

(our story is set somewhere in rural ireland, where a group of people come together to try and form a pop band)

scene 1 local hall, about twenty people in a friendly up beat mood chatting to each other,

the guy who called the meeting (jim) begins to speak,

jim

ok, thank you all for comeing here tonight, on this rather wet night, but that is our irish weather for you, and it also shows your commitment to this project, needless to say ye all know im trying to put a pop band together,

marie

we kind of guessed that jim, you have posters everwhere, looks like you are going to have a fair big pop band,

john

no offence jim, you aint no teenager, so it looks like your are going to be the louis walsh or simon cowell of this pop band,

jim

none taken,

marie

your very hurtfull you john you are, dont care about peoples feelings,

john

your only saying that cause you fancy him

marie

oh go have a **** for yourself

(cut to the door) girl walking in, hey someone in a blue toyotta have their lights left on, by the way my name is deboragh, here for the meeting as well

jake

gee thanks that is my car, all ways forgetting to turn off those lights,

jim

hey anyone like help me chair this meeting,

deboragh

hey i would love too

jim

most welcome too debby

deboragh

thank you jim but it is deboragh

jim

ok deboragh

deboragh

thanks jim, ok all if ye have read the papers that were on your seats, ye will know what jim is on about,

john

paper me arse, what paper,

deboragh

listen up everone, i give no **** nor take none, so anyone intent on acting the eigit for the duration of this meeting can clear off, understood ?

john

all right i get the message sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

deboragh

good

marie

jim what kind of music are the band you are hopeing to form going to be playing ? and can i be in the band ?

jim

you sure can marie, well im hopeing we can do covers from the sixties and early seventies, plus originals,

john

looks like we are going to be a hairy band

jim

spot on john boy,

bill

hey there is about 25 of us here to night, you telling us we can all be in the band ?

jim

yep if you can sing or play music

caroline

jim how will that work on stage , trusting we will get that far ?

jim

beautifully caroline, i will let deboragh explain it better while i go and put the kittle on

marie

you will need more than one kittle jim, need some help a lot of cups to fill,

jim

yes marie thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

why the hell would anybody be in a local hall?
    well for one, I was cause there was a fire in the local pub
    I could not be there but I could be there
    at the local hall, I mean
    there was no proformance plan
    the rain was heavy
    the sort that pummles dirt to mush
    the sort that demonstrates acoustics of structures
    the low mumble of the rain inside forced everyone to speak a little loader
    they placed and amp on an empty stage
    this guy got on the mike and announced

"I'd like to let the owner of the blue toyotta know
    that his lights are on"

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭djeddy

hi anyone wishing to co write on story are welcome, and i will edit in to story what i think fits, thanks eddy

Not being rude, but I have a few quiffs with this story.

1) Use spellchecker. It is your friend. Also, it helps you with your grammer.

2) Is this writte to be a script or is it a short story?

hi, hopefully a would be film script, thanks for advise

Is this just going to be another commitments though?

• Advertisement

no, it will be something like showbands, story about a fictional pop band in the early seventies,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 incontinentia

please don't set it 'in the country' if you have never lived there. if you wanted to do it right set it in a specific locale and get the accents right. I would set it a place that you know well so that you get the authenticity that is required for these kind of stories.

just my opinion

Advertisement