Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horror film revival...

Options
  • 15-10-2006 6:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

IMO, horror movies have been hurtin’ pretty bad for the last…decade maybe? Anyways, I did catch a really good slasher that showcased a short while back at Tribeca called “Hatchet”. Was pretty skeptical with their opening line, something like “first Jason, then Freddy, now Victor Crowley”, but it was actually pretty damn good. Lots and lots of blood, and just as important -- the hottest girl doing horror flicks today, Mercedes McNab. Formerly of Buffy and Angel fame, this amazingly hot Canadian is worth the ticket price (even if mine was free!) Her film is also showing at next week’s ScreamFest in LA, but there’s a closer solution for the rest of the country called Playboy magazine, which she owns the cover of this month (fyi, totally worth running, not walking, to pick-up).

Some friends and I were discussing this the other day, and our thought (4/5) is that she’s quickly becoming the next scream queen…way hotter than Neve Campbell and Jennifer Love Hewitt. Anyways, we decided to put this question out there:

Who do you think is the next Scream Queen?

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

jpenns wrote:
    IMO, horror movies have been hurtin’ pretty bad for the last…decade maybe? Anyways, I did catch a really good slasher that showcased a short while back at Tribeca called “Hatchet”. Was pretty skeptical with their opening line, something like “first Jason, then Freddy, now Victor Crowley”, but it was actually pretty damn good. Lots and lots of blood, and just as important -- the hottest girl doing horror flicks today, Mercedes McNab. Formerly of Buffy and Angel fame, this amazingly hot Canadian is worth the ticket price (even if mine was free!) Her film is also showing at next week’s ScreamFest in LA, but there’s a closer solution for the rest of the country called Playboy magazine, which she owns the cover of this month (fyi, totally worth running, not walking, to pick-up).

Some friends and I were discussing this the other day, and our thought (4/5) is that she’s quickly becoming the next scream queen…way hotter than Neve Campbell and Jennifer Love Hewitt. Anyways, we decided to put this question out there:

Who do you think is the next Scream Queen?

Tom

oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

That's some top quality shilling right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You know, while it's certainly a dubious thread, I looked up Hatchet on imdb.com and what do you know? Robert Englund, Kane Hodder and Tony Todd bunched together again. I think the results were pretty poor last time that happened.

You know, while it's certainly a dubious thread, I looked up Hatchet on imdb.com and what do you know? Robert Englund, Kane Hodder and Tony Todd bunched together again. I think the results were pretty poor last time that happened.

You know what they say Karl. Past performance is no indicator of future success! I dont know who exactly says that....some twat most likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Tusky wrote:
    You know what they say Karl. Past performance is no indicator of future success! I dont know who exactly says that....some twat most likely.

I suppose, but getting a bunch of Horror icons together just reeks of trying to create a fanboy buzz.

• Advertisement

I suppose, but getting a bunch of Horror icons together just reeks of trying to create a fanboy buzz.

Well I was actually being sarcastic...and agreeing with you.

Advertisement