Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

premiership betting 14th oct

Options
  • 14-10-2006 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭

man utd win/1-2
    villa win/13-10
    everton win/9-5
    portsmouth win/10-11

return of 18.44 for 1 placed

hopefully this bet will not go tits up like the one placed midweek

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Pardon my ignorance but how exactly did you get these odds, is it something that is done simply like add them all up and subtract by a certain number. Something I ve always wondered. And dude I gonna go with this bet also. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

i use the paddy power calculater on their web site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I'd be careful with this one.

Cahill out, Neville and Johnson doubts for Everton. Villa are also missing some important players including sorrenson and mellberg.

I'd be careful with this one.

Cahill out, Neville and Johnson doubts for Everton. Villa are also missing some important players including sorrenson and mellberg.
    true but the opposing teams have also there own injury worries

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Not premiership but in the Scottish 3rd division Dumbarton may be a decent bet at 10/11 to see off Montrose. According to the Montrose forums they'res a flu bug gone round their camp which means a couple of their players won't play.
    Dumbarton are in good form having won 3 of their last 4.

In the conference Weymouth should beat Southport who have 9 regulars missing! Price is 8/15. Cracking price with Weymouth in 3rd place and Southport in 22nd.

Not a great price but Stranraer @ 4/11 should see off last weeks crisis club Forfar. Peterhead hammered the injury stricken side 8-0 and Forfars case wasn't helped with 2 players sent off and they'll both be suspended today.

Pigheads Porky Treble.
    Dumbarton @10/11
    Weymouth @8/15
    Stranraer @4/11

20 PTS@3/1

Gonna do the same bet but with Utd thrown in (@1/2) for a 5/1 accumulator as well.
    10 PTS @5/1

Good Luck To All.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I'm doint the same as you county but taking Everton draw no bet instead. Not confident when Johnson is a doubt...

€1 stake wins 12.29 this morning with Boyles...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

hey county what you mean return of 18.44 for 1 placed,what kind of bet do you do in the bookies?

surely the only way u can do these is acc meaning all has to win for a return.

county wrote:
    man utd win/1-2
    villa win/13-10
    everton win/9-5
    portsmouth win/10-11

return of 18.44 for 1 placed

hopefully this bet will not go tits up like the one placed midweek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

bascially its 18.44/1. No you can do pretty much any accum bet, once the results dont affect each other.

Draw no bet opition just means that if everton draw that match isnt counted so odds will be lower. Also odds on them winning on the draw no bet will be alot less.

hawker27 wrote:
    hey county what you mean return of 18.44 for 1 placed,what kind of bet do you do in the bookies?

surely the only way u can do these is acc meaning all has to win for a return.
    basiclly if you put 1 euro on you will get 18.44 euros back,
    i have just added the odds together

*but i`ve got a ton on it so come on*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

5 team accum:
    Draw or Everton
    Arsenal
    Arbroath
    Stranraer
    Weymouth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

nice one pighead,i put a few euros on this treble earlier and just checked the full time scores and am well chuffed.

Pighead wrote:
    Not premiership but in the Scottish 3rd division Dumbarton may be a decent bet at 10/11 to see off Montrose. According to the Montrose forums they'res a flu bug gone round their camp which means a couple of their players won't play.
    Dumbarton are in good form having won 3 of their last 4.

In the conference Weymouth should beat Southport who have 9 regulars missing! Price is 8/15. Cracking price with Weymouth in 3rd place and Southport in 22nd.

Not a great price but Stranraer @ 4/11 should see off last weeks crisis club Forfar. Peterhead hammered the injury stricken side 8-0 and Forfars case wasn't helped with 2 players sent off and they'll both be suspended today.

Pigheads Porky Treble.
    Dumbarton @10/11
    Weymouth @8/15
    Stranraer @4/11

20 PTS@3/1

Gonna do the same bet but with Utd thrown in (@1/2) for a 5/1 accumulator as well.
    10 PTS @5/1

Good Luck To All.

another bad day in the office

congrats pighead,you`re on fire atm

Cheers county, makes up for my crappy international bets that lost.

Anyway just gonna go for a double today to make Sunday that bit more exciting.
    Celta V Valencia @10/11: Valencia are in fine form this season and have won 4 out of their 1st 5 games (Drew the other one with Barca). They lie in joint top of the table and play a Celta side who have one just once all season. They've lost 3 already including 2 home matches and are really struggling for form. Also Valencia did the double over Celta last season beating them both home and away. Gonna take Valencia @10/11.

Newcastle V Bolton:Over 2.5 goals@5/4. With Given out and Bramble back in I expect to see Bolton goals today. However with Martins starting to find form and Ameobi finally stepping out of Shearers shadow its hard to rule out Newcastle too. Best bet I can find is the over 2.5 goals @5/4. Hopefully we'll see a couple of early goals to calm the nerves.

Sunday Double:10 Points Double
    Valencia @ 10/11
    Newcastle V Bolton >2.5 goals @5/4

3.2/1

Boo! Sunday double fails. Bolton-Newcastle game done the business by scoring more than 2.5 goals between them but Valencia lost 3-2 in a 5 goal thriller. Ah well, time to get studying the Champions League Coupon.

Fulham V Charlton
    Horrible game to be betting on with both sides struggling this season. Gonna just go for a few low stakes correct score bets. Both defences are shoddy(Fulham had a 3-3 thriller last week) and I'm hoping there might be a few goals on show.

2 Pts: Fulham 3-2 @ 33/1
    2 Pts: Fulham 4-2 @ 80/1
    2 Pts Fulham 3-3 @ 66/1
    2 Pts Charlton 3-2 @ 40/1
    2 Pts Charlton 2-1 @ 12/1

0-0 with half an hour to go. To say my bets not looking great at the moment is a bit like saying Petr Cechs got a bit of a headache. The goalfest just hasn't materialised.

Ended 2-1 Fulham. 3 goals in the second half but not enough for any of my Correct Scores to be right.
    10 Pts Lost.

Advertisement