Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Paymnet - No authorisation Requested

Options
  • 13-10-2006 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I paid for my shopping in Dunnes Stores yesterday by laser card. However I wasn't asked to sign for the transaction (its not a chip & pin card). This has never happened to me before. I didn't realise until I had left the shop as i had other issues with the checkout assistant, but I definately wasn't asked to sign for it. I have checked my receipt and it says something like ' authorisation not requested' at the bottom. Has anyone else come accross this? How can this money be legally taken from my account if i didn't have to authorise it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

I guess they're trying to cut down the queues in the run up to Xmas? Is this the same as the Tesco thing where you only need to authorize over eur20 or something?

How much was the transaction for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

How much was the transaction for? Its likely dunnes have introduced a system where as they dont look from authorisation from the bank for transactions below a certian amount, they take the hit so to speak if it turns out the card was stolen or cloned ect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

The transaction was for 22 euro. It must be something like that, i'll keep an eye on it!

Advertisement