Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One for the drummers

Options
  • 13-10-2006 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

Had a certain Mr Baggio P. Baggio in GS Recs for sessions over the last two nights and his big red machine... steady on ;)

It's the biggest kit I've ever recorded by a long way and you indie lightweights should take note. 16 mics to capture this bad boy, panned to bejaysus so the big rolls go from all the way over in this ear to way over in that ear just like back in the 70's before those indie limp wrists started pipping away on mickey mouse drums :p

Check this out
    b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

b5.jpg

b8.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

That is SOOOOOOOOO sweet. Must be a nightmare to mic a kit like that! Gives me a headache just thionking about it!

Any soundfiles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

It was bloody hard work, that's for sure, but it sounded sweet at the end of it all. I had him do a little solo at the end of the session and just bounced an exceptionally rough mix on to cd... maybe he'll stick it up later ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Nice kit!

Imagine miking this bad-boy up though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Man, the look of serene contentment on Baggio's face is priceless. :)

He approaches a very zen-like state when he's on the stool :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i dont think there's any point in slagging off drummers cause they dont have 16 piece kits, surely?

I think it's entrely justified ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Look what this bloke can do with a little kit..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1GVoJId9Rw

Cool kit though, the bass skin is amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭Shred

Doctor J wrote:
    He approaches a very zen-like state when he's on the stool :D

And I approach a very zen-like state when I'm passing a stool...ahem:p

Anyway, beautiful kit alright and I was searching those pictues to see if Baggio had an extra pair of arms to play it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

Everything's so small! lol

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Well...
    thanx to all for kind remarks,,,was goood fun hope to get a better solo down with the great Docs permission before we finish it all off :D the one we did i was a bit worn out and it was a tad sloppy in places..when is done properly ill put it on my myspace etc :) .......
    Anyway has been good and challenging for sure...the kit sounded great in the studio and all things just seemed to gell well,.... the guy with the small kit in that clip??..goood stuff..but i prefer to turn thos kind of remarks around and Remark - that he/she should be able to AT LEAST do that on such a small outfit..after all theres not much physical area to distract or confuse a player..so should be veryy easy to trash away on 3 drums! - still was a goood clip :)

dont forget the RUSH tribute band in voodoo on friday night should be good...I hope!

ciao' amigos...Baggio.....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Baggio, your "sloppy in places" is perfection to the rest of us...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

lads stop complimentin him seriously its way more serious an ego than u can imagine :p..

looks great boss i'm sure it sounds great too.

we assume doc that sound files will follow???

more mics than a press conference

edit: the babylonian looks great baj 1st time i've seen your one set up with the kit

Johnny,
    ..cheers indeed...yeahh the Baylonian sounded terrific when we tried it and the Bamboo sounded a bit too ringy for what we wanted so we tried that beast there and she was spot on, it's all down to the room of course, one snare can usually sound better in one room and not in another...so just aswell i brought the babylonian and the piccolo along.
    Might bring the Copper slingerland too next time, for an extra twist in case the Doc needs other sounds :)...yu can neverrrr have too many snares!! :D

ciao' amigo...Baggio...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

u are making it sound like sonor make bad snares :p

sure the more u can vary your sound the easier it is to appriciate cos your constantly listenin and not just thinkim 'duuude!!!!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Did you make the Bass skin yourself, Baggio?

fish head got it from www.vividheads.com around $120 including shipping *4 years ago!*, good selection of stuff, and straight up to deal with.

ciao'..Baggio...

Advertisement