Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAH Pedals

Options
  • 13-10-2006 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi all

I am looking at getting a WAH pedal. Now, I haven't tried any as of yet, and will do. But I am just wondering, I was listening to the mp3 demos on the VOX website, of the V847, and one of those sounds for example is the Foxey WAH. Have they a pedal before the WAH, or does the WAH actually make that sound????

Thanks all

By the way, 3 weeks to being a Daddy at which time I may be forced to sell beautiful guitars if my wife has her way!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

I don't know about the Foxy Wah, but if your wife has her way then your raison d'etre will be no more!

Fight, man, fight to the death! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Edja wrote:
    By the way, 3 weeks to being a Daddy at which time I may be forced to sell beautiful guitars if my wife has her way!!!!

I'll give you a tenner for the McIlroy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Edja

GStorm, if I am forced to sell (which I won't!!), you will be the first to get a shout seeing as you've been drooling over McIlroys for years apparently!! And I won't screw you on it.....too much!!!

What about me WAH Pedal man!!!!>:D :confused: :cool: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Edja wrote:
    GStorm, if I am forced to sell (which I won't!!), you will be the first to get a shout seeing as you've been drooling over McIlroys for years apparently!! And I won't screw you on it.....too much!!!

What about me WAH Pedal man!!!!>:D :confused: :cool: :)

Always drooling... never playing :(

I used to have that vox wah. Great sound off it. Reckon you'll be pleased with it either way. I found it better than the dunlop crybaby anyway. You could prob pick one up second hand for less than €100 in good condition

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I use and abuse a Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q and I would highly recommend it. You can do quite a lot with the various tone controls. It's certainly built to last. Mine is five years old and still going strong. I stubbed my toe against it recently and my toe definitely came off worse :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

<3 my Morley Tremonti Power Wah. The Bad Horsie II is also pretty damn sweet if you want all the sweep options.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Edja

Thanks lads! Must see where I can get a decent cheap one then!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i have a clyde mccoy vox wah and its brilliant under any amount of distorition..i would recommend it in a flash

but i think if i was buyin a replacement i'd have to go for a bad horsie II meself

Advertisement