Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betting tip for tonight.

Options
  • 12-10-2006 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭

Hi.
    I'm live in Uruguay (South America), here we have a soccer team called Nacional (of Uruguay or Nacional of Montevideo).
    Former world soccer club champion in past decades (1971, 1980, 1988), now it's a poor team.

The next thursday october 13, Nacional will be visiting the well-known Boca Juniors of Argentina, for the Copa Sudamericana play-offs (it's equivalent to the UEFA cup).
    Nacional won 2-1 the first match in Uruguay, nobody expected this result.

For the next game in Argentina, the host Boca would be the big favourite, with odds around 1.4.

So, what's the deal?

Since past monday, seven players of Nacional are sick. They have mumps. What is mumps? :
    http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/communicable_diseases/en/mumps.htm

The goalkeeper, one defender, one midfield and the best player of the team (forward Gonzalo Castro) won't play due to mumps.
    Also the other good player in attack (former international forward Diego Alonso) is injured, won't play too.
    All these five players play all matches of the main Nacional team.
    Also, other 3 players of the reserve who usually jump to the field in the second half have mumps too, and won't play against Boca.

Yes, Nacional will lost at least 8 players.

Plus, there are another 3 players who had mumps until the past week.
    They're fine, but out of form, and have to face Boca now.

Nacional ask for a delay of a week, but yesterday Boca does not agreed.
    Now the match will play at 2006-10-13 01:45 Europe/London (GMT+1.00).

Odds fall 50%, from 1.40 to 1.25 (BWin) and from 1.36 to 1.18 (Bet365).

Also you can compare the same date games for the Copa Sudamericana on Betfair:
    Boca Juniors v Nacional - Matched: USD 172,685
    Atletico-PR v River Plate - Matched: USD 788

Right now you can back Boca Juniors at 1.43 on Betfair:
    Soccer / Copa Sudamericana / Fixtures 12 October / Boca Juniors v Nacional

Boca Juniors v Nacional - back 1
    STAKE 8/10

BE CAREFUL THIS IS NOT A SUREBET - Boca have to win the match to classify, but Nacional will classify with a draw or victory, they will try to keep the 0-0 score.

This is not a blah, blah, blah! pick.
    I bet 25% of my bankroll, usually I never bet more than 5%.

This is my first post in this forum, I owe you people for many past picks.
    Good luck !

On tonight, not sure what time

Comments

Advertisement