Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TicketMaster Rip Off

Options
  • 12-10-2006 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Folks

Tastefest was supposed to be on in the RDS - I had tickets for Sunday 8th October. We bus'd it from Swords to the airport and then got the aircoach for 7 euro out to the RDS. After walking around simmonscourt and the RDS main hall finding no sign of life, we went into a very helpful Four seasons hotel who confirmed on the internet that the festival has been pushed out until March.

No phonecall and no email from ticketmaster to inform me of this. On calling ticketmaster for a refund, they specified I must return the tickets by registered post to gain a refund back to my credit card - I mean can I not just tear them up !! I emailed ticketmaster who told me they tried calling me bull$hit, my phone is on 24 hours a day 7 days a week. They also told me it was their policy to have the tickets returned to them before a refund - how can they get away with this ? Has anybody else had the same issue - surely the consumer is entitled to a refund without having to go to the expense of registered posting back the tickets ?:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

where do they want the tickets returned to?

try hand delivering them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

who were the promoters....
    or can you say on here, ya know how they are.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭genfoley

Sorry Dunno offhand who the promoters were - I suppose I can deliver them by hand but bus'ing it back into town is the last thing on my mind after Sunday !! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

genfoley wrote:
    Folks
    Has anybody else had the same issue - surely the consumer is entitled to a refund without having to go to the expense of registered posting back the tickets ?:(

ticketmaster are also entitled to their product back though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭betelgeuse

miju wrote:
    ticketmaster are also entitled to their product back though
    Surely the "product" is the event, and the ticket merely a piece of paper stating that the holder is entitled to entry?

The only reason I can think for them wanting it back is as proof of purchase or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

genfoley wrote:
    Folks

Tastefest was supposed to be on in the RDS - I had tickets for Sunday 8th October. We bus'd it from Swords to the airport and then got the aircoach for 7 euro out to the RDS. After walking around simmonscourt and the RDS main hall finding no sign of life, we went into a very helpful Four seasons hotel who confirmed on the internet that the festival has been pushed out until March.

No phonecall and no email from ticketmaster to inform me of this. On calling ticketmaster for a refund, they specified I must return the tickets by registered post to gain a refund back to my credit card - I mean can I not just tear them up !! I emailed ticketmaster who told me they tried calling me bull$hit, my phone is on 24 hours a day 7 days a week. They also told me it was their policy to have the tickets returned to them before a refund - how can they get away with this ? Has anybody else had the same issue - surely the consumer is entitled to a refund without having to go to the expense of registered posting back the tickets ?:(

I'm not looking for an argument just voicing my opinion here.

That seems fair that you post back the tickets before they refund your credit card. I don’t see anything wrong with that at all.

It’s your responsibility to check that the concert is still on the time and date of the ticket. I'm sure ticketmaster had a message posted on there website that the date had been pushed back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭rondjon

That seems fair that you post back the tickets before they refund your credit card. I don’t see anything wrong with that at all.

Absolutely agree. Who's to know that you hadn't flogged off the tickets already, and then tried to "make" on the double by getting a refund as well.

Had you done this, whomever would have bought scalped tickets would have no rights in getting a refund, even though they had the tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

They ask for the tickets back as normally the old ticlets are valid for the new dates. May not be the case here, but Ticketmaster would simply have a single overall policy for returns. Registered post request is optional, but you take the slight risk of their loss. - Swift post may be agood altenative - about €1.50 extra and has traceability.

Advertisement