Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sg1 Lives on!

Options
  • 12-10-2006 4:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

2 straight to dvd movies confirmed

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/10/istargate_sg-1i_movies_coming_to.shtml

the 1st movie is about the orai and end of season 10 the 2nd movie is about time travel

when they do come out it is very very important that you not download them, its ok since we can only see them earley by DL`in them but since there on dvd everywhere you should all buy them that way dvd sales will mean another season just like when family guy was cancelled

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Good point about buying the DVD. If you can afford it and really do <3 Stargate, just buy it and show your support.

Wonder when they'll be out...

/me clicks link to investigate

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

They get two movies to tie up loose ends and they waste one on time travel... shudder

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

mcgarnicle wrote:
    They get two movies to tie up loose ends and they waste one on time travel... shudder

They can't be going back to look for another ZPM, can they?? :rolleyes:

The last time travel episode they did (at the end of season 8) was the episode that heralded the downward slide of SG-1, IMO.

Maybe they should have had the 2 movies as a 2-parter mega-episode and go out with a bang. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

They be out in 1 year

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

mcgarnicle wrote:

That's what I said!
    It's bleed'n ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hmm, at least there will be movies. Hurrah!
    Doubt they will match up with teh first...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I hope the 2nd film is better than Moebius :o

Good to hear though, will probably buy these.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

User45701 wrote:
    when they do come out it is very very important that you not download them, its ok since we can only see them earley by DL`in them but since there on dvd everywhere you should all buy them that way dvd sales will mean another season just like when family guy was cancelled

But if they "tie-up" all the loose ends in these 2 films, then where will the show go if it brought back. Introduce a fourth bad guy - it would only be a rehashing of the same storylines. I would count myself as big an SG-1 fan as anyone, but there is no point having episodes just for the sake of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

May i be the first to say meh.

Its just going to be the same old same old big ole battle with the ori...nothing special tbh, its just gonna be 3 episodes packaged as one movie.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It's good that they'll have a wrapup movie a la "Peackeeper Wars" for "Farscape". Hopefully the movie will be of sufficient length to do it properly - the series has a tendency to resolve everything within the last 30 seconds and I don't want to see it here when they've got more time to plan it and tell the story.

As to the second story being time travel... seems to be taking a lot of flak. I quite liked "Moebius" for its circular approach to the show's beginning but I seem to be pretty much alone on that. A time-travel story could be a way of introducing a second spin-off (third if you count the cartoon), although hopefully not a time-travelling concept as a whole (maybe they can accidentally bring back Apophis or Ra.. this time permanently). Or maybe more Aschen? It's certainly not the best idea, and not one I'd go for but hopefully it has potential.

Robnubis - would you rather see nothing at all then or an unresolved S10?

• Advertisement

I didn't like Moebius becasue it was just a disgusting dissapointment as a season finale. And ofcourse, at the time could have been the last ever episode etc...

Also, we were lead to believe there would be some ancient egypt action against Ra and the Horus gaurds. Instead we got all this squeezed into the first 20 or so minutes.
    The circular approach to the begining, and the ending of all the team together, was aldo done in the last 10 minutes...leaving 50 minutesof crap in between.

As for these movies, I see them as a great oppportunity to do something great, story-wise....and the seem to just want to write it off on a time travel story...an idiot could write a time travel story...so yeah, I think it's a waste of a great opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

I agree with most of your points above about the crap that was offered as the season end. There still remains so many unexplored avenues. For example, the fact that the Asgard bodies are deteriorating and cand re-spawn any longer...remember? Or the Furlings or the humans 'once again, taking their place among the 5 races'.

In terms of the last season (I've lost count now) I thought that 80 odd % of it was GREAT. Bringing in the farscape people was such a brilliant idea and I love the Ori....blessed are we...hehehe. Kill someone...t'alc in my opinion - useless!

I fear however, despite how much I have loved the whole Ori story line, that the episodes will continue to wrap up in the final 30 secs or so. Maybe take a lesson from Babylon 5, SGC have been really good with their arching story lines....the Ori or Furlings could be HUGE!!! Yeah for SGC IMHO!

As for Atlantis....dear god...it's doing for SGC what Voyager did for Star Trek...killing it. Although i'll still watch them all religiously.

;)

Surion wrote:
    I agree with most of your points above about the crap that was offered as the season end. There still remains so many unexplored avenues. For example, the fact that the Asgard bodies are deteriorating and cand re-spawn any longer...remember? Or the Furlings or the humans 'once again, taking their place among the 5 races'.

In terms of the last season (I've lost count now) I thought that 80 odd % of it was GREAT. Bringing in the farscape people was such a brilliant idea and I love the Ori....blessed are we...hehehe. Kill someone...t'alc in my opinion - useless!

I fear however, despite how much I have loved the whole Ori story line, that the episodes will continue to wrap up in the final 30 secs or so. Maybe take a lesson from Babylon 5, SGC have been really good with their arching story lines....the Ori or Furlings could be HUGE!!! Yeah for SGC IMHO!

As for Atlantis....dear god...it's doing for SGC what Voyager did for Star Trek...killing it. Although i'll still watch them all religiously.

;)

They already dealt with the whole deteriorating Asguard thing with the episode where Thor was kidnapped by Anubis. The Furlings would make an interesting episode, hardly a justification for another season.

Personally I hate both the new characters, Mitchell is a bit like Jack in that he is a smart ass but there was a certain underlying intelligence to Jack that Mitchell lacks, he is just a hick from what I can tell. Don't get me started on Vala...

Atlantis has surpased SG-1 in my opinion, the episodes and plots are, on average, far better than SG-1. Also if they just got rid of Ronan's stupid attitude then I think all the characters would be good.

I didn't like Mitchell in the begining but after a while he grew on me.
    It's good that he grew on me but everytime I think back to how he joined Sg-1, it pisses me off, and how he constantly has to say 'I read the file'...But either way, a good replacement.
    I never liked Vala out of her once off appearance in 'Prometheus Unbound' but having seen her in 'Crusade' and 'Flesh and Blood', they have clearly toned her down, which is good but turns her into a different character that fans 'fell in love with'.
    I am still against her joining but have thus far inly seen one episode of season ten.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

mcgarnicle wrote:
    They already dealt with the whole deteriorating Asguard thing with the episode where Thor was kidnapped by Anubis. The Furlings would make an interesting episode, hardly a justification for another season.

Really?? I forgot this altogether - can you remind me? Are they able to recreate now?

Surion wrote:
    Really?? I forgot this altogether - can you remind me? Are they able to recreate now?

They found some ancient asguard that had been frozen before they had lost the ability to reproduce. It was pretty much said in the episode that these two bodies would allow the asguard to solve the problem.

mcgarnicle wrote:
    They found some ancient asguard that had been frozen before they had lost the ability to reproduce. It was pretty much said in the episode that these two bodies would allow the asguard to solve the problem.
    it was referenced later when O`niell said to thor "i thought u where going for that new body" and thor says "i did"
    they all looked confused because the orginal asguard where twice the size of current asgaurd so i guess o`niell expected thor to be twice his hight

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

I'm gonna be shot for this, but I love Vala. I think she is hillarious even though most of the comments are one liners.

I thought the episode "Morpheus" was boring, but salvaged a little through Vala's comedic value.

I do agree that Mitchell is just a new version of Jack. This was the same when Jonas replaced Daniel. The Mitchell character has grown on me but no one will ever be able to replace Jack.

Also, regarding the Asgard clone problem, is the solution to this not written in O'Neill's DNA rather than that frozon clone being the saviour? I recall Thor writing a genetic marker into O'Neill's DNA to protect him from exploitation of other Asgard such as Loki (episode: "Fragile Balance").

i thought they where 2 seperate storys , one being loki a rouge asguard conduting illigal experment son humans and the asguard a s a while exploring there evulationry past befpre they began using cloning

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

I had thought that too, but then I assumed that if this clone indeed was the absolute savior then there would have been no need for Loki to conduct his experiments as it would have been pointless. I think the genetic marker was placed in Jack's DNA simply because the clone didn't solve the problem.

• Advertisement

ixoy wrote:
    Robnubis - would you rather see nothing at all then or an unresolved S10?

I'd rather see a season 11 to close the Ori storyline.

I mean in the end they'll be defeated, after what? 2 years! Took them 8 to detroy the Goa'Uld ffs.

I much rather them not do the movies and instead close off the Ori storyline with proper time and care, over the course of an entire season, then they do a movie to capture the last battle or whatever, its juts to abrupt for me...

(i know its out of necessity, i'm juts not happy with how things will be concluded, an even better approach would be to have both movies about the Ori...)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I keep considering Mitchell and Sheppard the same person: They are too similar to eachother. Mitchell wins, but you have to hate him for replacing Jack.

As for Ronan, all I can say is: You would rather have that other guy they had standing in for the Teal'c archetype? I hated that guy.

And Vala: is a character. She brings some interesting new chemistry to the group that you have to respect :)

But since Jack left, everyone has a bit of O'niell in them: since he left all the characters have taken on more humour to compensate, and its a brilliant change, especially for Sam and Daniel (whom having spent a decade doing all the nerd stuff, their sanity is starting to slip into giddiness :D)

DEAR GOD: what if the time travel one ends up undoing ALL OF IT?

They wouldnt!!

It'd be great if the time travel one had a cameo from Apophis, maaan would be so much <3

morre than just a camero like RA was. have apophis as a main bad guy again for a movie i know they wouldent do it but i would like it

I'll always remember Apophis for the photo of him in the Screenwriter's office (they showed it in a doc) where hes got the whole geddup on and its pretty much a Halo-Jesus pose and hes got a huge smile on his face :D

Overheal wrote:
    I'll always remember Apophis for the photo of him in the Screenwriter's office (they showed it in a doc) where hes got the whole geddup on and its pretty much a Halo-Jesus pose and hes got a huge smile on his face :D
    havent seen it any chance of a linky?

sorry I can't find it; but if you see one of those docs again look out for it :)

Advertisement