Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martial Arts on Campus

Options
  • 11-10-2006 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

So now that the good-intention of week 1 are over, what martial arts are you thinking of taking up this semester/year. Just back from capoeira there and saw the timetables in the old sports building, there is a martial art on nearly every night from 7 til 10 in one of the halls. Of course i will have to be a bit biased and shamelessly advertise the Capoeira club, classes on at 7 til 8 Wednesday night in the old sport building. If you dont know what capoeira is just think of that Nokia Ad from a few years ago with the guy and gal doing doing gymnastics/fighting on the beach or just put 'capoeira' into www.youtube.com, i suppose i should mention that i also do kick-boxing which is completely different from capoeira but still pretty class.

Which Martial Art are you doing this semester 4 votes

Capoeira
    0% 0 votes
    Tae Kwan do
    25% 1 vote
    Karate, (any sort)
    25% 1 vote
    Kick-boxing/Mixed Martial Arts
    0% 0 votes
    Aikido
    50% 2 votes
    Judo (is it still on?)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

None.

But I did consider Tae Kwan Do. Good friend is doing it and said it's good craic.

However, 4th year and all that comes with it is the main obstacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Its spelled "TAE KWON DO".

Is good craic especially our nites out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

whats the story w/ kickboxing out here??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

www.ul-kickboxing.tk
    More mixed artial arts really, great craic you'd definitely enjoy it.
    Post any questions you have in the forum there and the lads will gladly answer anything, they're all sound people

Advertisement