Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

urgent help, three tennis balls

Options
  • 11-10-2006 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

ok this one came up at work today, a group of people with 12 in it have to move tennis balls numbered 1,2,3 between each other, rule number one apart from the person starting the test no one can handle two or more balls at the one time(2) all balls must be handled in numerical sequence(3), no props can be used (ie) table ,ground ect(4) the balls must be returned to the person who started the move at the end.. the best we could do was eight seconds, we are told it can be done in half a second so there is obviously a trick,, can anybody help???? please

Comments

juggle them?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭yaledo

I can think of a way of doing this easily in about 1 second... with practice & teamwork it should be possible in 1/4 of a second.
    I won't post it here because it's a very nice puzzle & don't want to spoil it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

This seems to be here a while so i'll give my guess.

If all 12 people form a circle with their hands out in front of each other,with all their hands side by side, it should be possible for the person with the balls to fire each one so that they go around the circle of hands and return to him. Could do this quickly and no one would hold more than 2 balls at once, except of course for the start guy who gets them back.

Advertisement