Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No evidence of exploitation in prostitution industry according to top garda

Options
  • 11-10-2006 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

From my new favorite website!! (safe for work )

http://www.sex.ie/2006/10/08/no-evidence-of-exploitation-in-the-prostitution-industry-according-to-top-garda/

The summary is according to the top garda who looks after the prostitution industry in Ireland

No evidence of girls being forced into prostitution
    No evidence of underage prostitutes
    Prostitutes are earning a decent wage
    Politicians should considering legalising prostitution
    No evidence of exploitation or trafficking
    No gangs involved
    Little violence
    No breaches of the law or exploitation in the lap dancing industry

Sounds a bit OTT??? I agree with the article though about why he'd say something like that. If its true its great.

What do you think???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I say legalise it - when the girls involved are not being victimised, then its a victimless crime thats a waste of Garda time and resources. And if anything, legalising it will help prevent victimisation [To which court does a prostitute appeal to as regards unsafe or discriminatory working conditions as it stands? The one thats convicting her?]. Also, a legal industry can be run in safe, monitored conditions as opposed to some dingy alleyway late at night.

Theres also the tax benefit - the government can tax the industry as opposed to spending cash in a fruitless effort to shut it down.

Other than certain brands of morality I dont see the issue. If guys want to waste their money on girls who at best hold them in contempt without any serious harm to either being involved then who cares?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pifffft! Detective Superintendent John McKeown has already been sent off for re-education.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭guildofevil

I agree. Legalize it. Prostitutes deserve the full protection of the law as well as employment regulations. They cannot get that if they are being treated as criminals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

mike65 wrote:
    Pifffft! Detective Superintendent John McKeown has already been sent off for re-education.

Mike.

that's right because he was told he was a very naughty boy

Regulation>Prohibition in most cases

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement