Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to buy second hand occult books

Options
  • 11-10-2006 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

As the title reads, I want to buy your old books on the occult, pagan spirituality, wicca, Satanism, asartu anything and everything

please email me your lists and prices to covenline@gmail.com

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What an odd request.
    I suggest that you try amazon or that you try a secondhand book website if you are looking for such things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭skateing dragon

I have a book for you!

Cheers for that that Skateing dragon best laugh of the day I cackled out loud.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Um, private joke? :confused:

Also, what has "Satanism" (the only title you gave a capital to...) got to do with paganism? If we don't believe in the christian god, how can we believe in the christian anti-christ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I have a book for you!

I lurk here quite a bit and I actually laughed out loud to that!

• Advertisement

Dyflin wrote:
    Um, private joke? :confused:

Ah take a look at the great book thread that will explain it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭skateing dragon

Hahah yeah I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Dyflin wrote:
    Also, what has "Satanism" (the only title you gave a capital to...) got to do with paganism?
    Settians are arguably in the overlap.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Phenobarbidoll

Satanism doesn't actually involve the "worship" of Satan, at least for all of the Satanists I've spoken with. (Emo kids at the Central Bank aside :) )
    It *can*, but most don't, so technically it can fall under the umbrella of paganism.

It would take more than not worshipping Satan to fall under the umbrella of Paganism.

Settians that identify Sett with Satan and worship that fall under the umbrella of Paganism because they are worshipping or otherwise working with Sett - the question of whether or not they identify Sett and Satan has no bearing on this.
    They fall under the umbrella of Satanism because they are worshipping or otherwise working with Satan - the question of whether or not they identify Satan and Sett has no bearing on that.

Hence they fall into an overlap.

The largest Satanic organisation would probably be Church of Satan. While it's true that they don't worship Satan per se, it's also true that they don't have anything to do with Paganism either.

• Advertisement

Satan is a judaic christian concept/enity/diety and is not pagan or is the worship of such a concept/enity/deity pagan.

Yes, but Sett is Pagan so if someone believes Sett == Satan and worships or works with that entity, then they are indeed both.

Hardly the mainstream of either Christian or Pagan or even Satanic thinking, but there are people of that belief out there.

True some people will believe in some very odd things, but if it works for them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Phenobarbidoll

Is this where pastafarianism comes in?
    :D

Pastafarianism as indeed created to make that point.
    May you be touch by his noodly appendage and be enlighted by the flying spaghetti monster.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Thaedydal wrote:
    Pastafarianism as indeed created to make that point.
    May you be touch by his noodly appendage and be enlighted by the flying spaghetti monster.
    OMpG:D

=-=

OP, check out Waterstone's for a nice selction of books for the occult, pagan, and wicca. Got one or two books there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Covenline

I am a satanist. Satan is seen, in the system I work in ( 7fold sinister way) as a manifestation of numerous gods who exist in another dimension. Something similar to the old celtic belief of two worlds overlapping. Also, as a satanist I believe in the potential to magickly condition yourself to become a god after death. This is the left hand path.

You could argue that my satanism is a left hand path paganism, or whatever, however thats beside the point.

The point is I am looking for books on all the subjects listed in my first post.

I understand you feel the need to distance yourselves from satanism due the fact that you view yourselves as the goodguys and conotation with satanism tarnishes your image. However I like to think beyond such good and evil dualism and work on the left hand path tp self deification.

I posted here because many pagans for one reason or another have been satanists at a earlier time in there life before realising it wasnt for them and moved on.

No one has emailed me anyway so.
    Thanks for your help.

666 Ave:cool:

Covenline wrote:
    I understand you feel the need to distance yourselves from satanism due the fact that you view yourselves as the goodguys and conotation with satanism tarnishes your image. However I like to think beyond such good and evil dualism and work on the left hand path tp self deification.

Nope, I am a witch and witches are rarely the good guys, I do what is need
    rather then the pc thing or the morally right thing.
    I ask awkward questions, speak plainly and challenge peoplethis makes me prickly company and the black sheep.

That tarnished my image as it were rather then playing about with the
    big rebelious bad of abramhic religons.

Covenline wrote:
    I posted here because many pagans for one reason or another have been satanists at a earlier time in there life before realising it wasnt for them and moved on.

Nope, infact none of the pagans I know were ever stanists or dabbled in that area. Not everyone rejects christainy by going to the darkside of it and becoming a satanist.

Yes I did read the Anton LaVey's book when I was younger but I also read
    sections from the khoran, the torah and many other books but what does not make me islamic or jewish ect.

There are many occult rescourse out there and many online
    I suggest you try www.sacred-text.com and http://occultireland.createforum.net/index.php?mforum=occultireland

Advertisement