Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mutli effects units!

Options
  • 11-10-2006 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭

I have a Vox tonelab which I like very much and generally run it through the clean channel on a Cube30. This is a great channel(based on the Roland Jazz)for the amp modelling and doesn't seem to alter the output tone so you generally hear what your meant to hear.

I now have a Mesa amp and I want to use the modulation effects, delays, etc on the tonelab, but you can't switch off the amp modelling. This means I loose the Mesa tone which I don't want to do.

Do the BOSS or the POD pedals give the option to switch off the amp modelling? Is there a multieffects pedal without any amp modelling?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Quattroste wrote:
    Do the BOSS or the POD pedals give the option to switch off the amp modelling? Is there a multieffects pedal without any amp modelling?

Yeah, I often use my Pod as a multieffects pedal with my Fireball without any amp models, and I'm certain the Boss GT8 is the same.

However, I've heard that if you're looking for effects, that the GT8 is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Ya the GT-8 can have the amp modelling turned off. There is also the much vaunted 4 cable method of using the GT-8 which would work well with high quality amps (Basically it means you can use the pre-amp of your mesa without the pedal interfering in its gorgeous sound and still switch in and out the pedal effects, distortions, etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Hmmm.... its a tough one, i think i used the Boutique Clean model on the tonelab when i had it with the speaker sim turned off, if you keep the gain nice and low, it doesnt alter the tone of a nice valve amp. That and set the EQ flat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

i use a POD but if you just want effects go GT8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Or just buy the effects you want...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

fish-head wrote:
    Or just buy the effects you want...

:rolleyes: I think you may be missing the point here Fishy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Perhaps I am, but I missed it quite excellently!
    I just dislike ME Units..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I've the GT-Pro, and it's more or less the same as the GT-8. Yes, you can turn off all amp and speaker modulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

I would go with Fish-Head here. I have a GT-6 and although, yes, you can turn off the amp modelling it still, even with the global EQ set flat, alters the tone. I may only have one valve in my amp but it's still very annoying. Also trying to keep levels right can be a nightmare, particulalry if practice and live are different volumes etc. I am therefore, getting back to my point, in the process of getting stand alone units to replace the ME unit. However, I will not be getting rid of the GT-6 as it is handy for nailing sounds in covers etc.
    :confused: I just confused myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

OK so it seems that I need to spend more money because I spent more money. :(

I need bigger pockets.

• Advertisement
Advertisement