Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saw III

Options
  • 11-10-2006 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Release Date: October 27th.
    The opening scene of the horror sequel reveals a man is caught in one of Jigsaw's deadly traps - a ticking bomb is on one side of a room and this man is on the other, hooks piercing him all over (including his jaw and achilles tendon) to a chair so he can't get over and stop the bomb's 90-second countdown without literally tearing half his skin off.
    The filmmakers were on hand to essentially say that the film will be quite different to the last one, even though 85% of the crew involved in "Saw 2" is working on this. It'll be much gorier and darker, with a bigger emphasis on more elaborate traps and character drama. With far less characters involved this time around, there should be more development.

Can't wait. Expectations, hmmm, to be honest after Saw II turned out so surprisingly well - other then, of course, that little groan inducing "twist" - I'd really like to see this one offer more then mere blood and guts.

Still though, if it really comes down to that, I'll no doubt still enjoy it to some extent based solely on the inevitable OTT gore.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

HavoK wrote:
    Can't wait. Expectations, hmmm, to be honest after Saw II turned out so surprisingly well...

*cries*

SawII was so unbelievably bad. Waste of a movie ticket at the time. :(

Couldn't believe the were making a SawIII.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I'm not expecting much from this to be honest.

I thought the first one was fairly good. The second one was grand as well, I was expecting it to be a lot worse to be honest. (Except for aforementioned "Twist").

Ill probably go see it just to say i'vesee it - again I think its probably best to go not expecting much. And if all comes to all i'm sure i've probably sen much worse movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I really liked the first one and thought the 2nd one was gonna be crap so was pleasantly surprised. I'll toddle along to see this one too. No great anticipation for it but hopefully there'll be a nice bit of gore to keep the interest up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

I enjoyed the first two equally. With a big twist probably guranteed I'll spend the whole film trying to anticipate it. Is there suppose to be 6 of these films in the series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Seven is the lucky number floating around the place in any case Garred....could turn out to be the new generation of Freddy and Jason? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

HavoK wrote:
    Expectations, hmmm, to be honest after Saw II turned out so surprisingly well
    I'm the opposite! My expectations were sky high after the first one, I thought the sequel was piss-poor. I'm going to go see this when it comes out, but not with high hopes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I heard there was going to be 9 films in total

I have to say that I really enjoyed Saw 2. It was one of the better sequels in recent memory. There are to be an initial 9 Saw films, with a year between sequels.
    Hopefully they won’t turn into self referential parodies like the Jason and Freddy franchises.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Thought the first was fine but the second was terrible. Hammy Hollywood acting and too predictable. I'm not expecting much from the third.

Just booked my tickets for sat night, surprisingly i'm actually looking forward to this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Going to one of the first showings tomorrow night, can't wait :)

Was booking tickets for tomorrow night too then my GF reminded me my graduation is on that night :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Ugh, saw this last night. Considering that I liked the first film until the stupid twist regarding Jigsaw's identity, I quite liked the links established with the first film. (There may have been links to the second film; I didn't see it and frankly, I'm not convinced I missed much). The on-screen violence in this was vicious, along with its sound effects - the first time I've cringed to see things happening to people in a horror film in ages. Which was refreshing, but jarring at the same time.

The thing is....by the time we get to the end for the "big reveal" (including a flashback sequence clearly intended for people who were not only terminally bloody stupid but who have also slept through most of the film, what with it flashing back to events that were on screen not more than five minutes previously) it just got silly again. Amanda's development is presentedly crudely at best, with no real indication as to why she's taken to doing what she's doing. Jigsaw's ability to manipulate the entire bloody world while also busy dying from cancer is yet again shown to be Batman-like in its impressiveness. Plus the director ended the film with a god-awful bit of speed-montage that managed to both reference the opening of Friday 13th part 4 and remind us of bloody music videos (like much of the direction in the original).

Gah. Six more of these bloody mediocre things, you say? That's fab. I won't be touching any of the bloody things, especially given that
    Jigsaw has been killed now, unless there's some even more wanky twist lined up for Saw 4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Fysh wrote:
    Gah. Six more of these bloody mediocre things, you say? That's fab. I won't be touching any of the bloody things, especially given that
    Jigsaw has been killed now, unless there's some even more wanky twist lined up for Saw 4
    The twist:
    The police go to his hideout and find a tape recorder in his pocket that reveals that he was being minipulated as part of a bigger game :) Ah crap they did that in the first one already!

But more likely a prequel I'd guess!

Advertisement