Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Coloured glass jugs, cake stands, glasses etc

• 11-10-2006 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a collection of old orange coloured jugs, cake stands etc which have been in the family for yonks and which my late mother told me might be worth something? Also so have some frosted red shot glasses and brown/tan glasses. Was again told that old coloured glass is worth money. I don't want to make money out of these items but I don't want anything to happen to them if they are valuable. Any help or advice welcomed. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Have you any photos?
    Are they stamped underneat or have any identifying marks?
    Very hard to tell whats what by a description.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Thanks B. Sorry about the bad description. Just looked at them again. No marks or stamps on them. I have two small milk/cream jugs, a sugar bowl and a cake stand. All are orange coloured, cut type glass. Date back to 1930s/1940s. Can't think of anything more than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Sounds as though it might be glassware called 'feast' glass or more usually 'carnival' glass. (Feast in that sense is a north of england term for a holiday and by extension a fair ground.) Its quite popular at the moment and you would get a bit of interest at a sale, but its not really valuable. It used to be given away as fairground prizes. Try this site: http://www.glass.co.nz/Engcarnival.html
    Sorry I dont know how to do the link thing:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Ah! it happens automatically!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Thanks so much looksee...have some of the pieces shown on that link. At least now I know what this coloured glass is. I do appreciate your posting. I think that I will now hold on to these pieces as they do seem to be pretty unique as well as of sentimental value. Thanks again for your help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement