Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure PRS p**n

Options
  • 11-10-2006 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭

I dont even like PRS' all that much but...... Check it out:

PrivateStock_1323_more.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

I actully went "WOW" outloud, and everyone in work turned to see wtf I was at... I quickly opened up some good hardcore.. that shut em up. Nice geetar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

It's excuisitely crafted but, as a guitar, it doesn't do it for me. I like to see less bling and more wear and tear, if this Mary Kay strat was beaten up after 30 years on the road, then we'd be talkin ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

*fap*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I think that's a fricking gorgeous PRS. I'm guessing it's a six digit price on it though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

I used to have a custom 22. Bought in the states on a whim. Don't see what all the fuss is about. Sold it when i got home. Bought a few pacificas and never looked back:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

That's not a guitar.. that's a piece of art.

I can imagine the owner being a bit Nigel Tufnel.. 'Don't even point at it!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

That's a bit over the top for my tastes tbh, but jesus, it's very impressive indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I used to have a custom 22. Bought in the states on a whim. Don't see what all the fuss is about. Sold it when i got home. Bought a few pacificas and never looked back:D

haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

fish-head wrote:
    I can imagine the owner being a bit Nigel Tufnel.. 'Don't even point at it!'

Like this one?

Nigel%20playing%20Mr.jpg

http://www.wolfgangguitars.com/Mr.Horsepower.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

:D Never saw that before. Must get the Spinal Tap DVD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

What?! You haven't seen Spinal Tap?! Good gravy.. go watch it, now!

You won't see that guitar in it, it was made in time for the second album. He used it in Wembly at the Freddie Mercury tribute gig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-D_H5kQxtg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Ah, waiting for the amps. None more Rock!

Waiting for the amps in front of 100,000 people, over half of whom never heard of you. It was a geniune **** up, from what I read, it wasn't Tap being Tap. Can you feel the tension? :D

Aye, I figured it was a genuine mistake but the irony of the Tap ****ing up like that is just fantastic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

As everyone knows i love prs guitars but ive seen more impressive tbh, look at all the dragon series and beholdeth!!!

TBH, I like the plainer PRS's...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

The finish on it is beautiful, i don't like the bridge tho.

I also tried my first PRS a while back............ meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

beautiful guitar, that'll be one for my wall collection once I win the lotto!

The machine heads are a bit weird tho, not sure what to make of em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

Not big on the flower inlays (especially on the neck, I'm confused enough by dots), but I do like the 'leaf' inlays on the lower body. Otherwise, a prime specimen of a guitar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

As nice and all as it is, if you're going to go that over the top then I must say I prefer Mark Tremonti's Dragon 2002.

tremontidragon.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Baggio...

Hmm... Yes it's beautifully crafted indeedy. Would not be my taste to be honest.
    Give me my ESP Eclipse Vintage Black any day......:)

I'm not mad on the Dragon either tbh. My tastes are pretty boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

The PRS is sweet but admitedly a bit too arty. I know I couldn't use it. I'd be afraid I'd damage it or something!

As for Nigel's "Mr. Horsepower"? Pure class. Seven pickups and an output power guage!

Advertisement