Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tesco clarehall: spotless & always fully stocked

Options
  • 11-10-2006 4:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

in relation to the thread about tesco wicklow being filthy and and always out of stock i decided to start a thread about the excellent and always enjoyable shopping to be had at tesco clarehall.
    its always fully stocked and spotless and if cleaning needs to be done it looks like someone is always there cleaning.
    i always shop there and find it a pleasure (dundrum is almost as good), its airy and no matter how busy it is you always feel as though you have plenty of space.
    i dont work for tesco by the way but i think they put so much into this shop, which apparently is the largest tesco in europe that they deserve commendation for the good so called 'shopping experience' that tesco clarehall provides.

so what do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

I used to shop there all the time when i was living on that side of the city - and yes it was always clean and is a nice place to shop - but i found that the fruit sold out a lot - particularly if you went during the day or at the week-end.

my 2 cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

They sould supervise the indoor carpark properly.

There are spaces for parents with children,but they are 60% occupied by brass necked shoppers who last had a child in 1982.

Either supervise it or get rid of the signs:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Theres never near enough checkout staff. Theres about 30 checkouts, but only a quarter at most are ever open when im there around 7pm. You could be queing for 10 mins to get to a checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 14,866 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

There are spaces for parents with children,but they are 60% occupied by brass necked shoppers who last had a child in 1982.

meh. if they don't bother to police the handicapped parking spaces (and virtually no supermarkets do) they're not going to care about the parent and child spaces either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Actually those Parent & Child signs don't have any legal standing afaik but I do admit I use them spaces when I go to Clare Hall shopping (usually after midnight though, if your kids are out that late you're a bad parent and dont deserve the spot :p) but otherwise its just thoughtless people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

There's something that really bugs me about Tesco Clarehall, and I can't put my finger on it.

It's the only Tesco I've been in that gives me some weird sense of claustrophobia, although the lanes there are pretty wide.

I stopped using the Tesco garage in Clarehall too as it's usually like something out of Mad Max with queues out onto the road and honking horns. I use the one on the old Navan road (Clearwaters) which is really quiet.

The Tesco there is the same size as Clarehall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

loyatemu wrote:
    meh. if they don't bother to police the handicapped parking spaces (and virtually no supermarkets do) they're not going to care about the parent and child spaces either.

Slightly OT, but if you're ever down the Quays in Newry (Sainsbury's), you'll find both the disabled spaces and the parent&child places are well policed...had to pull into one of the parent spaces last year due to an overheating car whilst circling for a free space... went off to get water for the radiator and when I got back there was a note in the window that the registration had been taken, that if the same car was found in violation of the car park rules it'd be towed (not clamped) next time.

If they can enforce it in the North of all places, surely doing the same in Dublin couldn't be that hard...

Advertisement