Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever bought from www.schlauershoppen.de?

Options
  • 10-10-2006 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭

Been looking around for the Pioneer 696, only found it on a couple of UK sites that will deliver to Ireland and I'm not sure if I'd trust them from their reviews.

Found it on www.schlauershoppen.de for €150. Even allowing €30 for delivery, €180 is a pretty good price.

They take payment by bank transfer, like katronics, or by credit card through saferpay.com (??). They even take cash on delivery, though it costs €20 extra.

All DVD players are multi-regioned. Shipping in 2-7 days via UPS. 3 weeks money back guarantee, and 2-year European warranty!

All in all, it sounds like a pretty good service. Just wondering if anyone's dealt with them before and if they were as good as they sound?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Never heard of them. I just ordered one from Richersounds in Belfast. A wee bit dearer than that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

They are an english language web front for http://www.tsnversand.de/ .

Shipping/Customer Service is done directly from TNS Versand.

I actualy found them also when searching for the Pioneer DV-696 and the fact that they say they provide a code after purchase that makes it region free is what I was after.

I found some comments from swedish customers when I researched that side.

Because I trust that my Credit Card company is acutualy going to help me if I have problems I went ahead and placed an order today with them.

Once i get it (or not) I'll come back here and udate the topic.

I placed the order on Saturday online for a DV-696AV and 1 HDMI-HDMI and 1 DVI-HDMI cable.

On Monday afternoon I received an e-mail with UPS tracking number.

On Thursday afternoon UPS delivered the package (to save space TSN actualy put the HDMI cables into the DV box).

Good:
    • Nice Price even with Delivery Cost
    • Player is region free out of the box
    • Cables are really worth it (my PC picture is now perfect)
    • Fast Shipment (next business day)

Bad:
    • UPS cost is overprised. They only send it as standard which can take up to 7 days delivery.
    • No cable whatsoever with the DVD Player (no scart/hdmi) so ensure you order cable accordingly.
    • European Power Cable (so get an adapter or purchase other lead)

Overall a positive experience beside UPS (who's call center actualy told me that for standard packages they delier only if they are not busy and that there is no guarantee when the delivery will be done).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Thanks for that dublin-texas. Looks like I'm going with them, after purelygadgets.co.uk took 2 weeks just to tell me they only deliver internationally for orders of over £300.

Quick questions, since I'm a bit dim today:
    - Power cable for ireland: can you buy that on their website, or where would I go about getting one?
    - I presume I only need a HDMI-HDMI cable, given that my TV has a HDMI input? You bought the HDMI-DVI for something else?

MOH wrote:
    Thanks for that dublin-texas. Looks like I'm going with them, after purelygadgets.co.uk took 2 weeks just to tell me they only deliver internationally for orders of over £300.

Quick questions, since I'm a bit dim today:
    - Power cable for ireland: can you buy that on their website, or where would I go about getting one?
    - I presume I only need a HDMI-HDMI cable, given that my TV has a HDMI input? You bought the HDMI-DVI for something else?

They don't sell Irish Power Cables but it's a standard one so you can get it in any good store and in the meantime as it's a EU prong you can fit it in the Irish One with force.

HDMI-HDMI is strongly recommended as the picture quality will be brilliant. But you need to purchase it seperatly as it's not included in the DVD Player but the one they have on their webpage is really good.

The HDMI-DVI cable is for connecting the DVI output of my PC to the TV which gives a really good picture.

I hope you get it fast from them and enjoy it.

• Advertisement

Thanks again for the info. Just ordered it, so hopefully will get it next week.

Just in case anyone else is considering them:
    - ordered Friday morning 27th
    - shipped Monday evening 30th, received tracking number e-mail
    - arrived this morning, Thurs 2nd 10am (despite the fact that the UPS tracking system was still showing it sitting in 'Barking, GB' since Tues afternoon).

As with dublin-texas, they put my HDMI cable in the DVD box to save space. But they seem to have given me a normal (for us) 3-pin plug on the power cable, so I won't need an adapter. Everything else I expected seems to be in the box, so thumbs up to www.schlauershoppen.de

• Registered Users Posts: 35 somedeed

Hi guys,

Been over a year since the last post in this thread but lets see what happens :D

I placed an order with them this morning. I'm just wondering, as i'm an impatient bugger waiting for replacement speakers for a surround sound setup, how long it took them to send the order confirmation. I selected bank transfer but i'm very hesitant to transfer any money without an order confirmation email.

Ahhh its fine, they got back to me.

Advertisement