Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Loan

Options
  • 10-10-2006 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭

Basically, AIB turned me down for a graduate loan because several direct debits related to my credit card didn't go through in the period between me finishing college and finding a job, which i have now done. They would also not allow an overdraft.

I was thinking of moving banks, possibly to ulster bank, as my girlfriend banks there and is happy with it. My question is - Am I likely to be turned down for any loan or overdraft there as well, will they have record of the DD's for example.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EllaE

Ulster Bank credit score every single current account they open. So, if your returned DD's show up on the Irish Credit Bureau they will more than likely turn you down for credit card, loan & overdraft. They may well even turn you down for a Current Account! But if you show you're last few months bank statements have no returned DDs, regular income and look generally healthy-ish, you should be able to get something sorted. Everyone makes mistakes!

I don't think Permanent TSB credit score current accounts, so if you last 3 - 6 months bank statements are clear you should be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

No harm to get a copy of your credit report to see whats in there (or if there are any mistakes), see where you are at from a lender point of view. You can get it here.

Advertisement