Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Istructe Exam Papers

Options
  • 09-10-2006 10:24pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking for structural exam papers and solutions.

Just want to do some reading up on it.

Check the website but you have to be a member and I'm not!

Google wasnt much use either

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Breezzzzze

Hi there.

The 2006 papers can be found at http://www.istructe.org/exams/db/310.asp

I have the CD-Rom of past papers 1993-2004. I meant to apply last year but didn't have the time to prepare. Post me your address and I'll stick a copy in the post.

Best of luck.;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Breezzzzze wrote:
    Hi there.

The 2006 papers can be found at http://www.istructe.org/exams/db/310.asp

I have the CD-Rom of past papers 1993-2004. I meant to apply last year but didn't have the time to prepare. Post me your address and I'll stick a copy in the post.

Best of luck.;)

Thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mahbub1669

Hi Breezzzzze
    How are you. I hope that you will have a very good time. I am a new member at this site and I will appear at the IStructE membership Exam this year 2007. At this moment I am lacking for a set of question paper which you have in CD format.

If you allow me to request you, can I ask you send me a copy of that cd to my address below. I will be much obliged if you do that, please. I will bear the postage expense.

Mahbubur Rahman
    <snip - edited out address. Please use PM function for private details. hullaballoo>

Thank you very much

Mahbub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Artxy

Hi,

Can someone share with me the past IstructE exams in CD. I am planning to take the exam next year. I am way out here in the Southern Hemisphere. Please drop me a message at jpver@ymail.com. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Ninja101

Thought I'd resurrect this thread- does anyone have Part 3 papers and solutions. Used to have them all but lost them. nnnninja101@yahoo.com

• Advertisement

OK, found the papers/reports
    http://www.seabc.ca/struct_eng.html

Now all I need is some solutions. Someone must have done the preparatory course before! I have a big library of stuff and would be willing to share in return.

Ok, the best scheme design stuff I can find so far is this:
    http://www.colincaprani.com/files/notes/Project%20III%20Notes.pdf
    in the examples chapter at the back there're some semi-answered past papers.

Also: "Structural Engineering Design in Practice" by Westbrook, seems to be written with part 3 in mind.
    Anyone?

Actually scrap that last one, it more for unusual structures like chimneys and concrete plate shell roofs. 'Building Scheme Design Manual' by The Concrete Centre is better.

ok got some notes. Anyone interested, pm me. nnnninja101@yahoo.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Eoin D

Fair play Ninja

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 janeybriggs

Hi all

In prep for your exam if any of you have looked at Question 4 2005 can you advise how you dealt with the rock excavation/foundation/basement design? I'm in final year and have been given this as a design project and am struggling with foundation type with the gw as it exists. the question can be viewed on www.seabc.sa/struct_eng.html
    can't attach unfortunately.

thanks

Check the exam report at www.seabc.ca/struct_eng.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kiza

Dear ninja101

I will be much obliged if you send the notes(soft copy) related to Istructe charted exam preparation as soon as possible.Thanks in advance.
    kiri132@yahoo.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tommy.obr

Has anyone got a digital copy of any of the IstructE sample answers from any previous papers. or a copy of the CD which is made available each year,.... any help would be greatly appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MMSMOM001

Hi there

can you please post me IstructE exam solutions. IN SOFT COPY email address is assman7559@yahoo.com

Advertisement