Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD Cabinets

Options
  • 09-10-2006 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

This isn't technically an instrument thread but this is the best place I could see to post it. My boyfriend is a mad music fan and I want to buy him a proper cd cabinet for christmas. I want something that holds over 500 cds and is a nice piece of furniture, not cheap looking metal or plastic cd racks. We're doing up our living room at the mo and i think this would be a nice addition as he loves his cd collection. Anyone have any idea where I could get one? I've seen them online but i'd really prefer to be able to see if before I buy it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

You're probably better off buying some shelves, rather than a cd rack with individual slots for each cd. A lot of cd's (digipacks, double cases, etc) don't fit in the slots and you still end up with a load of cds lying around with no place to call their own. If you're spending money doing up the room check out some local carpenters, they should be able to make something that looks good and is actually useful to suit your room for a reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Shelving is the best. I built my own CD/vinyl rack and I know any CD no matter what the packaging on it will fit. There's also some nice and cheap shelving from Argus for CDs/DVDs that hold about 800 CDs for €99 or so. No point getting shelving that will just hold what he already has, you need to allow for expansion of the collection :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

John wrote:
    you need to allow for expansion of the collection :)

Preach it, bruthaaaa.

Advertisement