Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin tax

Options
  • 09-10-2006 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

Anybody know the procedure to claim bin tax back as have a bundle of them at home.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I got a pin number from the revenue in the post for the www.reachservices.ie website which allows you to control and manage your tax allocation as well as claiming your bin charges relief. Its simply done by entering the amount you paid last year for bin charges.

You'll need to sign up, they then link your account to your PPS number and a couple of other verification processes. I sure you could just ring them up and add on the bin charges, but I always like to do things online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭boy_wonder

Thanks Delly. Is it tax credits you receive and can you claim for the last 3yrs or so?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

from revenue.ie
    Tax Refunds for Bin/Service Charges

How do I claim?
    Write to or phone your local Revenue office to make a claim for previous years.

You can also claim this relief for the current year on-line or by sending a text message using your mobile phone

Where do I send my claim?
    If you wish to make a claim you can use your PPS number (your tax reference number) to find the appropriate Revenue telephone numbers and postal address in our Contact Locator

This credit may also be claimed using PAYE On-Line

There is no need to send receipts. You should retain your receipts carefully in case we ask for them at a future date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭boy_wonder

Nice one, was just feeling lazy.

Advertisement