Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comp science third year labs

Options
  • 09-10-2006 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

Could someone help me out with this? Badly need some help ASAP!

I still have to get a student card.

1) Now that I've paid my fees, where do I ask for a student card?
    2) I'm probably going to have missed some labs by the time I get my card(I have no free time tomorrow anyway, got a counselling appointment and a meeting with co-op people, and that place that gives out the lab passes has ridiculous opening hours) who do I talk to about that?
    3) Does anybody know what days and times the labs are on? I missed a few lectures the first two weeks sorting other things out and finding my way around.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

To get your card go in to the west wing and go up the stairs. At the top of the stairs turn left and there is like a wooden reception desk with three doors on it. Generally there is a queue but it only takes about 10 minutes to queue up and get the card.
    For the rest of the problems i haven't a clue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Lab passes? Never even knew they existed, I just knock on the door and someone lets me in :) I wouldn't have thought any labs would be up and running at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

Dan Grigoras' lab is on a wednesday at 10 - 11, Block E level 3. Only one so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

I turned up for that one and there wasnt' one on! I was half an hour late though. The first bus didn't come because the way was being blocked by some construction vehicle and a load of taxis, the second decided he wasn't going to go to the university, so I had to walk down to Patricks street and wait there.

Are there any more labs now? We don't seem to be doing much in third year, guess it's all co-op prep. I'm used to Comp Systems which is, IMO, a much heftier course.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,916 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You can get swipe cards for the lab in the Computer Science helpdesk on the ground floor of the science building by the stairwell.
    Rozie wrote:
    The first bus didn't come because the way was being blocked by some construction vehicle and a load of taxis, the second decided he wasn't going to go to the university, so I had to walk down to Patricks street and wait there.

Getting your first taste of the Cork bus service? :)
    Rozie wrote:
    Are there any more labs now? We don't seem to be doing much in third year, guess it's all co-op prep. I'm used to Comp Systems which is, IMO, a much heftier course.

They can take a while to get going.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Advertisement
Advertisement