Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with eircom, need help

Options
  • 08-10-2006 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭

I moved in to a new house few weeks ago and tried to get a phone line connected up, I phoned eircom and told them there was a line in the house but it was dead, they couldnt find it on the system and told me they had to send out an engineer, he was here long enough to plug a phone into the line and tell me "yes its dead, its a problem at the exchange".

Doh I said that on the phone, he left and phoned me on the line, less then 10 minutes later, i live around the corner from the exchange, literely!

Now eircom are billing me for a new line! 127 euro, even though i was told by him unless he had to run a new line, there would be no charge. Customer Care tell me he has no business telling me this as he doesnt do the billing.

I even got them to admit I wouldnt have had to pay this if he had checked this in the exchange first but the fact is he left the exchange to come to the house. Therefore callout fee. I am refusing to pay for there f**k up, thinking of going to comreg, any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Seems a bit suspect to me tbh. Both times we had to get our phoneline replaced...

1) They dug up the garden and road and replaced it all again. No extra charges incurred.

2) They dug small hole and a machine actually under the ground laid a brand new line. No extra charges incurred.

Unless its something about moving in.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

well a new line is €121.93 so if you're being charged €127 its not for a new line. and if the line is "in situ" as they call it there's no charge. their fault is not your problem

Advertisement