Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Important Dates

Options
  • 08-10-2006 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

UL Open Days will take place on Monday October 16th and Tuesday October 17th.

Two days off college folks.
    The following parking arrangements will be in place;

The pay carpark will be free on both days,
    The only carpark available for staff parking at the Foundation will be the CSIS carpark,
    The non-staff section of the Schuman carpark will be reserved solely for the parking of coaches,
    The East Gate carpark will be reserved for the overflow of coach parking.
    Your cooperation is greatly appreciated in making our Open Days a success.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Aero787

I'll be making the trek down from Cork on the monday. Can't wait to have a look at the Aero Eng department! My buddies didn't need much convincing to take a day off school to go for a piss-up in Limerick! And then there are the few guys(?) interested in primary teaching(?) in Mary I. What should we do in Limerick while we're there?

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

We don't get a day off over here in Mary I for our open day:(..fecking slave drivers i tell ya!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Fast_Mover wrote:
    We don't get a day off over here in Mary I for our open day:(..fecking slave drivers i tell ya!!

Hush, ye have it easy enough over there as it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Dragging this thread as far off tangent as possible...why were there so many Mary I students wearing Mary I navy tracksuit bottoms at the bus station on Friday...? Is it a prerequisite for attendence or summat???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

god what is it with you lot and going off topic lately! and here is me, just dying to lock something.. but i wont.. cos this started off as a good thread.
    now nukem and his silver hammer might have moved on to bigger and better places but we got new toys here now... kai has his 'big whip' and i have this big evil online look.. it goes something like this
    :evil katie look:
    so.... careful now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭missgwish

440Hz wrote:
    kai has his 'big whip' and i have this big evil online look.. it goes something like this
    so.... careful now :)

:eek: that is scary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

440Hz wrote:

*quiver*quiver*quiver*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I cba with a 'hammer' and the aforementioned 'whip' is useless.

I have my unpredictability :)

The drinkers would like to know if the Stables or any other campus bar will be serving and at what time? We were talking to our English teacher (a Limerick man by birth, teaching in Cork by the grace of God) and he said there's some good bars around the quays. Is that true? For a 70 year old, he knows how to have a good time - he's famous for cruising around for UCC talent during fresher's week!

I doubt they'd be open for open days, and if they are, they probably wont be serving alcamahol.

The hurlers or Groody bar might be though

• Advertisement

Nice one! Oh yeah, stuff to do in Limerick???

Stables should be serving d'alcohol afaik.

Only schoolchidren sure :)

How did a thread about car parking evolve to one about undersage drinking!!??? only you lot could manage it :P

440Hz wrote:
    How did a thread about car parking evolve to one about undersage drinking!!??? only you lot could manage it :P

Nah, most of us are over 18 and those who drink are reasonably responsible about it(yeah, ye'll believe that alrite!)! There's are fair few of us who don't drink though.

:rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

Well, if you're looking for something to do around town, you should probably know that the college isn't within walking distance of the city. You'll have to take a bus.

IceHawk wrote:
    Well, if you're looking for something to do around town, you should probably know that the college isn't within walking distance of the city. You'll have to take a bus.

Nonsense, You can make town in under an hour!

Course these young whipper snappers.....*long rant about todays youth* Back in my day we didn't have all these fancy microsoft this and gramaphone that!

klong wrote:
    Dragging this thread as far off tangent as possible...why were there so many Mary I students wearing Mary I navy tracksuit bottoms at the bus station on Friday...? Is it a prerequisite for attendence or summat???
    They probably had PE that day, and we're required to wear them for that, along with our college polo.
    Others may have been wearing them as it the only thing they could find/easy to travel in, i duno!
    Peteee wrote:
    Hush, ye have it easy enough over there as it is!
    Say what?!!
    Where you get that idea from tell me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Sergeant Horse

Mary I, Mary Lie Down more like. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Just to drag this thread vaguely back on topic.

The Careers Fair will be taking place on Wednesday October 18th in the University Arena from 12:00 - 16:00. Probably only of interest to 4th years/post grads though.

Cheers
    Rory

Mary I, Mary Lie Down more like
    Can we get this guy banned?!!

• Advertisement

Fast_Mover wrote:
    Can we get this guy banned?!!

how much are you willing to pay? I warn you though. Kai is cheaper than I am - he always has been :P

440Hz wrote:
    how much are you willing to pay? I warn you though. Kai is cheaper than I am - he always has been :P

I'm not a girl tho :)

kaimera wrote:
    I'm not a girl tho :)

And Fast_Mover is a girl...perfect match!

Peteee wrote:
    And Fast_Mover is a girl.

Thanks
    ca6d26e36495614b047b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'm off to Brussels for open days. Enjoy gettin trampled on by Leaving Certs guys

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭missgwish

kaimera wrote:
    Thanks
    ca6d26e36495614b047b.jpg
    eep, pete in pink lycra.........scary! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

On the topic of bars open, the 2 on campus are member's clubs so it'd be drawing trouble on yourself trying to get served without an ID card with the sticker on it

missgwish wrote:
    eep, pete in pink lycra.........scary! :D

Me? Sure I look nothing like that!

Denis, however...:p

f8a6bdcae0389cdbf4f8.jpg

Nazi moderation and all that!

206737507_cd5d952571_o.png

Makes the pink thing better I believe :p

• Advertisement

*woop woop*

Won me a SE phoen at the careers fair :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement